Chinese-Forums

Has anyone had success with AllSet Learning's pronunciation sets?

Friday

Hey Friday,

I've been thinking about this product too. I've also been thinking about doing shadow reading with Glossika as an alternative. I'm wanting to improve my tones within sentences as I'm pretty good at tones in individual words. I'll post anything if I see reviews or end up buying it.

Eion

I purchased their A2 and B1 Tone pair packs.

I mostly listened and repeated after the recording multiple times. Going through the tone pairs has helped me to identify and improve  a few combinations that I needed to improve on (such as 4+1).

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Good stuff but pricy at around 50 USD if you buy everything (though you can buy individual packs for as low as 5 USD). As texts are quite reasonable here, that's a lot. Still, I've been able to find a comparably well-organized text and it's comprehensive enough and specific enough to work on all areas of tone combinations. The voice instructor is also quite good- don't think there's a male voice at this point though... I hope they continue their work in pronunciation. 

I use Spoonfed Chinese on Anki to practice phrase intonation and stress, and that works great together. Plus Spoonfed is free. I should mention too that Allset has quite a good free online grammar wiki that is manageable and succinct for both reference and learning. So considering all the work Allset has done, they deserve the support.