Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

• Why you should look around

Since 2003, Chinese-forums.com has been helping people learn Chinese faster and get to China sooner. Our members can recommend beginner textbooks, help you out with obscure classical vocabulary, and tell you where to get the best street food in Xi'an. And we're friendly about it too. 

Have a look at what's going on, or search for something specific. We hope you'll join us. 
Tianjin42

The Chairman's Bao

TheChairmansBaoTeam

Hi Mati1, 

Can you try adding a few bookmarks on the website and let me know if this solves things please for both? There’s a small bug at the moment sometimes causing issues like the ones you have mentioned when no bookmarks exist. 

Can you email us your IP address? It could be also be our Firewall blocking your IP. 

Thanks Mati,

Team TCB - [email protected]

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

splotchycat

There seems to be a disconnect between the flashcards of the website and the app version. There are four word status groups for the app but five for the website, and some words that are shown to be "not attempted" in the app are higher in status on the website, etc. Also, I cannot seem to review the original sentence on the web version.

Moshen

If the Chairman's Bao team are still reading this thread, I want to say that I *love" your service.  I've paid for a year and read articles there every day.   The content is consistently interesting, and being able to choose an HSK level is great.  Thank you.

The quizzes are extremely helpful for reinforcement of learning, but I do have a suggestion on that.  Sometimes your interface indicates in green which quiz items were answered correctly, and sometimes this doesn't happen.  Without that function, it's not as good of a learning tool, because I just have to go on and give up on getting better.  If I can see which items I got wrong, I can focus on those, rereading them and possibly looking up a few words to see where I went wrong.  Can you please implement this function consistently?  It makes a big difference for me.

I am using your site online, using a Foxfire browser.

TheChairmansBaoTeam

Hi both,

Thank you for your messages and I hope you had a nice Christmas.

splotchycat, you're correct on the flashcards. We are releasing brand new apps within the next 6 weeks which will sync these back together, as well as introducing a lot of exciting new functionality. Apolgies for the inconveneince in the meantime. Thanks for the heads up on the original sentence example on the website and we will get this added in the coming weeks.

Moshen, thank you for your lovely comments! Thanks also for bringing the above issue to our attention and it should now be fixed. If you have any further problems or suggestions, please feel free to get back in touch here or email us on [email protected]

Thanks and Happy New Year to you both!

Sean (Team TCB).

Mati1

I have forgotten to reply to this thread; I have not been on  this forum for some time :/

As far as I remember the bookmark trick worked in preventing my TCB client from crashing all the time. With your new client (and backend?) updates this probably turned into a non-issue.

I should really use TCB more often and along the way try the newest version. In time I shall post here again. :wink:

i__forget

I have a feedback I'd like to write for the mobile application.

It would be extremely helpful if I could download the audio of the story I'm reading on my phone. Maybe using a small button next to the 5 seconds forward button? This way I can play 5-10 of them in a loop or in random order from my playlist while going to work, washing the dishes etc. My current option is to login in to the website and download it from there, but it's a pain because it somehow logs me out from either the phone or the browser so I have to login again. Do you think this is a feature you could provide? Thanks!

Edit: I somehow couldn't submit my feedback through the app so wrote it here instead.

• Good question! 1

TheChairmansBaoTeam

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your app feedback re the lesson audio download.

We will be releasing a brand new app in the coming three weeks which is a complete overhaul of the existing app. We are introducing some new audio features, but unfortunately the audio download option won't be included as part of the first release. We will, however, add it in over the coming months.

Thanks again and all the best!

Team TCB

• Like 1