Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

Tianjin42

The Chairman's Bao

TheChairman'sBao
On 7/28/2020 at 2:12 PM, Arthur said:

Hi guys, did TCB remove the function to export word bank using Anki format? I only get csv, memrise, pleco and skirtter formats when I click "export" on the flashcards...
Is there any work-around method to get these flashcards available on Anki ? 

Hi Arthur! 

Anki changed their import type but you can use CSV to import into Anki

If you need further help let me know I'll be happy to 

TJ

The Chairman's Bao 

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

TheChairman'sBao
On 7/27/2020 at 7:51 PM, Balthazar said:

"To find your "read" articles click on the open book icon!"

Maybe I was unclear, but what I wonder is how I mark an article as having been read through the app. I want to do this so that it no longer shows up when I browse articles at that level.

Hello!

So you're correct;  if you want to mark the article as "read" it would indeed be the open book icon. Then if you want to access all read articles then click the right hand side menu click, the click  "Show" and then you can alternate between all, unread or read articles . If this isn't clear I can attach some annotated screenshots for you.  Also, thank you for the great feedback about adding pop up text  - I'll pass that on today :) 

With regards to synchronisation, I've passed that onto the tech team - it may be a case that synchronisation on each device is being cancelled if not done at the same time. I'll update you as soon as I can 

TJ

The Chairman's Bao  

• Thanks 1

TheChairman'sBao
On 7/27/2020 at 9:02 AM, Jan Finster said:

I wonder if the TheChairmansBaoTeam still reads this, but maybe other people may also know:

a) I noticed even in HSK 3 or HSK 4 lessons about 25-30% of words are non-HSK words. What is the total word and total character statistic of the entire TCB library until this date? If you have that data, could you also please break it up into the 6 levels? (e.g. total word and total character statistic of all HSK 4 lessons)

b) do the HSK 6 lessons as a whole cover all HSK 6 vocabulary?

c) are the writers only paying attention to using the words of that HSK level or do they also try to cover all grammar aspects of the respective HSK level? If so, is the grammar coverage comprehensive? 

d) is there a way to search for certain grammar points?

Hi There, 

Thank you for your (really great) questions ! I'll try my best to answer :

Although we align with HSK we don’t strictly follow it - our listings are inclusive but also expansive. We have a HSK leveller built into the platform, as well as a comprehensive editorial process to help us grade lessons. There are often words which are vital to tell the story but fall outside the listings, so these are always mentioned in the article keywords wherever possible. We allow  for a certain amount of words which fall outside of HSK word listings or above the level for each lesson dependent on targeted level.

With regards to grammar, we are currently working on a way to make grammar explanations more interactive within the text (hopefully you won't have to wait long). We've also been writing articles explaining certain grammar points - we'll try our best to correlate these articles to the appropriate HSK levels. 

I hope this helped but if you have any other questions feel free to ask :)

TJ

The Chairman's Bao 

• Helpful 2

Jan Finster

Thank you for your reply :)

4 hours ago, TheChairman'sBao said:

Although we align with HSK we don’t strictly follow it - our listings are inclusive but also expansive.

This is great! You are right sticking rigidly to HSK would make the text very awkward.

With regards to grammar, we are currently working on a way to make grammar explanations more interactive within the text (hopefully you won't have to wait long).

Looking forward to it. If this is at all possible, I would also appreciate a grammar search function. E.g. searching for all articles that contain a  "把 sentence". This would allow people to have instant access to plenty of examples of a certain grammar point in context.

I hope this helped but if you have any other questions feel free to ask :)

The only unanswered question is: "What is the total word and total character statistic of the entire TCB library until this date? If you have that data, could you also please break it up into the 6 levels? (e.g. total word and total character statistic of all HSK 4 lessons)"

I think this data, while it may sound nerdy, would be a nice selling point especially as TCB vocabulary goes  beyond HSK. To get this data, you would probably only need to merge all the lessons into one (very) big text file and run Imron's Chinese Text Analyzer (+ add-on for character count) :)

• Good question! 1