Chinese-Forums

Peking University Undergraduate

majid01

• New Members

Hello everyone!

I got accepted for the CSC scholarship, but have yet to select my university. I will apply for Peking University. I'm here to ask for your advice. I'm currently 21 years old (almost 22), and would like to have an undergraduate degree in international finance or management from Peking University. In my home university, I have already completed 2 years out of 4. My mandarin is quite limited and I understand that I will need to take a years worth of mandarin class to be brought up to speed. Do you know if Peking can give me credits for what I have already completed in my home university?

Reason is, if I don't get anything credited, I will probably be 27 years old when I finish my undergrad, which I find a bit old haha.

What do you guys think?

Thanks for your feedback!

I'm wondering how you've already been accepted for the CSC scholarship (for 2016-2017?) when the application window hasn't even closed yet.

If you do have a scholarship on the way, why not use it for one year of language study, and then finish up your degree at your home university first, and then come back and try to do a graduate degree from a Chinese university? That way, even before your 27th birthday, you'll have the degree from your home university, hopefully good Mandarin skills, AND a Master's degree.

Just my two jiao.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times