Jump to content
Learn Chinese in China

Attending a university masters program on a family reunion residence permit?


Recommended Posts

  • New Members

I've been holding a family reunion residence permit for the last four years. I've now received an admission from one of the well-known universities in Beijing. I wanna know if I can use my current residence permit and study while staying with my family or should I change the type of my residence permit? If that's a must can I simply go to public security bureau and change it or I need to leave the country and apply for a new visa and come back which I really wanna avoid!


Link to post
Share on other sites
Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

I've been studying my masters in Guangzhou with Q1 residence permit, just simply told them that I handle visa/residence permit my self. Haven't had any problems.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and select your username and password later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Click here to reply. Select text to quote.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...