Chinese-Forums

London Visa Centre- Can go with no appointment?

GotJack

So I'm wondering if anyone has experience of this? The London service centre is fully booked until the 11th March and my flight leaves the 9th. My question being , if I turn up as the doors open on a Monday will they give me an appointment (dont mind if I have to wait a long time)?

Does anyone have experience of this?

Thanks

Jack

I think not:

Do I have to make an appointment to apply for a visa?

It is compulsory to make an appointment before you visit the Visa Centre to submit your application. Please enter Quick Access and then click Online Appointment to make an appointment.

https://www.visaforchina.org/LON_EN/generalinformation/faq/263918.shtml

... but in your situation I'd consider turning up anyway and seeing if the front desk will help you out.

Hi

Without an appointment it is very unlikely you will be seen.

In the past if urgent you could get one from the Embassy but not sure that is possible anymore.

The one way open for sure is use an agent , it is more money but most of the London travel agents in Chinatown have block bookings already and can do a Visa in a few days. 

hope that helps.

• New Members

Hi Jack

I've just got mine done - and no, don't think they'll see you as they say the appointment is compulsory (just that they state so at the third page, argh!). I even had managed to get one, but way too last minute for my liking (wasn't going to screw up this trip for a last second rush) so ended up going through an agency, even though I normally avoid this stuff.

There are quite a few in London, I used the one in Euston which was fairly cheap (something like £30 fee; I found some way more expensive just browsing around) and they were pretty good - the agencies can submit the requests any day, so if you go to any with all your paperwork, they you'll get your visa in 5 working days, easy peasy

Laura