Chinese-Forums

physical examination

dwhaocone

• New Members

I am an US citizen who is applying a Z visa right now. before I can apply I need some kind of working permit to be issued by some department of the chinese government. the employer sent me a list of doc I need to prepare and mail in to get the permit. one of them is to get a physical examination in a clinic in US. But what is the requirement of the physical examination? and are there any specific clinic in US handling this? anyone here has some kind of experiences on this issue. Thanks a lot

anyone here has some kind of experiences on this issue.

Yes, lots of us have experience on this issue. It is a frequently asked question; a frequently-discussed topic.

Type "physical exam" in the search box, upper right-hand part of the page, and you will find a hundred or so posts about this topic, quite a few of them recent.

Check with your doctors. Some will do it, and some won't. The first time I did the physical, my family doctor performed it. The second time I got a physical, I had to find a different doctor who specialized in visa physicals to do it. Ask around.

This is the medical form you need: http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/visas/fd/W020110807201675371788.pdf

And yes, you need to do the AIDS test, the EKG, and the chest x-ray, no matter how unnecessary it may seem to you.

Do you know any hospital in Houston will do it abcdefg?

Ask one of the Houston visa agents. There are several. Here's the one I usually employ:

China Visa Service Center Houston Office 10700 Richmond Avenue, Suite 211 Houston, TX 77042 Phone: (713) 952-7722 Fax: (713) 952-9377. Online inquiry by email: houston@mychinavisa.com

And your second question, below, would also be something to ask the visa agent that you use.

...also after the exam should I do a translation or notary or anything?

If you can wait until you get to China, it will be cheaper and easier. That's what I've always done in years past (for an X visa, not a Z visa.)

Hope you aren't going to be an English teacher.

• New Members

I just found a Chinese clinic that can do that for me. the thing is I can't get the work permit which I need to apply a visa to enter china before I submit my examination. so I probably can't do it in China. or people told me to get a visit visa and get it done in china. then bring your work permit  and go to Hong Kong to apply a Z visa.