Chinese-Forums

Gay shows worth watching

Lu

• 2 months later...

I also really enjoyed 'addicted' - the actors were great and production values were great.   It had a really professional feel to it.  Its the first gay drama i've watched & now I've 'BL' recommendations popping up on youtube all the time - LOL!

• 11 months later...

MCLC posted a list of five good LGBT-themed Taiwanese movies, with trailers: The Wedding Banquet, The River, Blue Gate Crossing, Eternal Summer and Thanatos, Drunk. It lists Blue Gate Crossing as one of the best Taiwanese movies overall, gay-themed or otherwise, so that one should be especially worthwhile.

• Like 1

I've seen that one, but I found it a bit disappointing (and a Chinese gay friend who also watched it agreed with me). There is one scene where the documentary makers visit a psychologist who explains he can 'cure' gay people, which would be interesting if there was any follow-up at all, but it's just that scene. The film follows mainly two gay people (a lesbian woman and a gay man), but it doesn't delve very deep. One problem is that the filmmaker doesn't speak any Chinese, so she couldn't really direct the scenes very well. Not a bad movie, but the subject matter is a lot more interesting than the documentary.

Still, thanks for the addition to the list! I'll be interested to know what you think of it (if you go see it).

• Like 1