Chinese-Forums

Help with packaging for Debian based distributions

Schoelje

• New Members

Hi, I'm the maintainer of SolydXK, a Debian based distribution.

I'd like to package zdt but I'm confronted with several difficulties and I hope you can help me. Here they are:

1. When I try to start zdt (version 1.0.2) I get this error (I made the file executable with chmod):
    ./zdt
    bash: ./zdt: No such file or directory

or:
    . zdt
    bash: .: zdt: cannot execute binary file

This has been discussed in this forum when running on a 32-bit system. However, I'm having this problem on a 64-bit system.

2. The readme.txt file does not come with a comprehensive list of dependencies. Before I can even think about packaging I need a full list of package names that need to be installed for zdt to function.
    For example: gir1.2-atk-1.0, gir1.2-glib-2.0, gir1.2-gtk-3.0, gir1.2-pango-1.0, libfreetype6
    But I'm only guessing.

Thanks!

I've used Eclipse with its delta pack to build multi plattform packages for ZDT. I think Eclipses delta pack is responsible to resolve the dependencies but I'm not sure about. In any case, I never had a problem to build or run ZDT on Linux. Perhaps I had no problems because the Linux distribution that I'was running ZDT on (Ubuntu Mint 13) had all required dependencies installed already by default.

That beeing said, ZDT is a RCP v3 application but these (and also delta packs) are no more supported by newer versions of eclipse in favour to RCP v4. However, I recently succeeded to build ZDT even by using a newer Eclipse version with RCP v4 (without delta pack).

I'm not sure if my post is helpful for you....

• New Members

Thanks Kaya, for your quick response.

I did read the link you gave me and after much trying that brought me here.

Unfortunately, I had to give up on trying to make it work. I've lost too much time already.

Thanks again for your help.