Chinese-Forums

Anyone had their QQ account hacked before?

NewUser

Arrived Shanghai yesterday, used an internet bar to log onto QQ at around 6am. Noticed I'd been logged out of QQ for some reason at around 640am. Tried to log back in but found that while QQ would accept my password, it wouldn't let me past a pop-up window (screenshot attached). As far as I can tell they detected someone logging in to my account via a mobile phone (my recognition of Chinese is very limited so I'm unsure of this), then decided something was amiss when I logged back in via the internet bar computer.

The internet bar was almost empty at the time I was there, apart from a guy behind me apparently using 3 chairs pulled together as a bed, who I noticed was gone by the time I started having log-in problems.

I'm assuming this guy watched me enter my QQ password, but I have no idea what use it would be to him though (maybe just curious to peek at a big-nose's contacts & messages?)

QQ has an English web page for re-instating a frozen account but they require the original join-up email address used and my passport number. Both these details are at home (my passport's renewal post-dates my joining of QQ by a few years), so I'm assuming my only option is to wait until I get home in 3 weeks time and hope in the meantime QQ don't have a response "time limit", after which they wipe the account.

post-9174-0-64056600-1460684839_thumb.jpg

AFAIK this particular internet bar (which I've used during regular trips to Shanghai over the past 5+ years) uses the standard hard-wired network type i.e. no wireless.

Even so, now I think about it I'm  surprised I've gone this many years of logging into QQ and Yahoo at a zillion different Shanghai bars, with the same passwords since day 1, and not had a problem until now.

I don't understand the WIFI warning about theft of a QQ password. The QQ password is transmitted securely -- note https: in the address on the login page -- so anyone watching the WIFI signal shouldn't see the password, it should be encrypted. Of course, insecure public WIFI can be a problem for other, unencrypted communications.

In this case, I'd suggest there was a keylogger or some other device on the particular machine the OP was using that captured the password before it was encrypted and sent out.

it doesn't mean your qq was hacked or password stolen.. This can happen when you log on a different computer or a new place. You can change your password and apply for password protection, which i think is linking your qq to mobile number. Also, having QQ installed on your mobile is helpful. Instead of entering password, you can log in by scanning a code.

你好, 
根据我的分析您的QQ出现这种情况的原因如下:1.异地登陆,在时间差较小的情况下多个地方登陆一个QQ;2.可能有人用您的QQ发布了不良信息,去乱打广告,乱传播谣言等;3.可能您的QQ被别人操作存在不正当交易,有财产风险,形成了自我保护;4.有可能种病毒了,这个可能性很小。

http://aq.qq.com/cn2/login_limit/login_limit_index 
解除安全登陆地址

解决办法:针对上述几种问题解决办法是进入QQ安全中心修改密码,不行的话就只有账号申诉,去腾讯客服官网请求援助。建议不要给不信任的人密码,以免出现不必要的麻烦。望楼住采纳!!!

When I got the pop-up window warning about a dual log-in detected (from both a computer and mobile phone) I still had an old expired SIM card in my phone, so I'm pretty sure someone has nicked my password.

Speaking to someone else, it seems the hacker's use of someone's password is to impersonate the user, then solicit their contacts for "emergency" money, asking it be sent to a post office account the perp sets up. Apparently QQ is also smart enough to recognise a request for money in the text of a message, and gives a warning to the user(s).