Chinese-Forums

Route from Beijing Railway Station to Tsinghua University

murrayspeaks

Not sure I'd agree with that, but Tsinghua is pretty huge so that route might make sense if you want to end up at the back end of the campus (to head off a future question, OP, I'm not sure where the astrophysics department is located).

Personally I would have taken line 2 to Xizhimen and then line 13 to Wudaokao, and walked from there to the East gate (ironically located at the southern end of campus).

You may be much better off just getting a taxi, especially if you have luggage. The Beijing subway system has English-language signage and ticket vending systems, but riding it the first time can be stressful (especially if there are crowds). Getting a taxi may be a bit slower if there's traffic, but according to Baidu Maps it should only cost you about 60 RMB. The taxi drivers won't be able to speak English, so print out your destination address in Chinese to give them. The taxis depart from an officially designated taxi stand. Ignore any touts who approach you offering a ride - they will rip you off.

I could perhaps found that information from google but that would not have told me what the best way to travel is, taxi, bus or some other means and really the only way to answer that is from personal experience.

I know. But it would be polite if you made a bit more effort yourself first, were more specific with your questions, and explained which bits of information were useful and why. We're a community, not a telephone directory.

• Like 1

Which, given that you didn't ask "does it make a difference if you have a lot of luggage?" or "is the metro crowded and uncomfortable?" show how much you're relying on the goodwill of the members and not on your own brainpower.