Chinese-Forums

Can someone help me find 王小波《黄金时代》

yedafu

With that attitude, sir, you are not fit to read the book. Back to 网络小说!

I don't know. It's 2Y. There are probably OCR errors. Like I say, it's 2Y. What do you expect for free, which is what 2Y is. 

Perhaps there is also a better version for sale somewhere online? Might as well spend money on the real thing instead of something pirated, even if the author is dead. It's not like Chinese novels are expensive, even at the full price.

@realmayo: I was unclear, sorry. Free books would generally be pirated, but books on Amazon would probably be legit, although at 2Y wouldn't necessarily expect good quality, and good quality might cost a little more.

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, somethingfunny said:

So, this 黄金时代 book, is it any good?

Search the forums a bit, some people love it. It's neither overly long nor overly difficult, so just read it and you'll know if you're one of them.

• Like 1

It's kind of daft, but it's been fifteen years or since I read some of his essays (on a Palm TX or T3?, compiled, for I have no idea what reason, as a .chm file downloaded from eMule*) on the Beijing Subway, but if you asked me to recommend a Chinese author for a starting-out reader of Chinese, that's still what I'd go for.

*Man, that sentence made me feel old. For the kids: Palm devices were like smartphones, but they couldn't make phone calls. Yeah, like an iPod Touch, but three times as bulky. .Chm files I still don't know, I just remember spending ages getting that one to open. And eMule was... well, imagine the world had only one hard drive...

• Like 1