Chinese-Forums

Did I receive a refusal or rejection? (urgent)

NeverthelessOK

• New Members

Hi all,

Sorry that my first post is asking for help.

I was applying for a tourist visa (which I have received twice before) and have just been to collect and was told at the desk that my signature did not look similar enough to the one on my passport.

I am refilling in the form and am wondering whether I need to check the box that says I have been refused? Was I refused or just rejected due to error on form?

Really appreciate any help. I am applying from singapore but am a British resident (have work /living permit and have been n granted visa here before)

Thanks

No, unless they took your money and didn't refund you, I'd say they did not accept your application. I assume they told you to file a new application, properly completed. If there'd been a visa refusal -- which is quite a serious matter -- then they would not have encouraged you to just file again, properly.

(But you don't mention your nationality; if it's Subcontinent or African, say, then maybe you should be more cautious and ask specifically about this when submitting your application.)

• New Members

Hi 889, thanks for your response.

They took a processing fee at the centre (not the full fee) and told me to reapply. Refusal was never used as a word, and hence I thought all was fine until I got back to redo the form.

I am a British citizen (sorry for the confusion)

To me, the question refers to a visa refusal on substantive grounds, not a rejection of your application form because it wasn't filled out properly. But so you don't have sleepless nights, why don't you fill it out that way then ask at the desk when you make your second submission.

(If they really refused you a visa, then they wouldn't tell you why!)

Yeah, it's just someone's supervisor is a dick and won't accept anything less than perfect.  I got my one of my WFOE registration forms returned because my signature didn't look similar enough to my passport.  Just sign it again and resubmit.  A rejection is a much more formal process: your application was ACCEPTED in that case, do you see?  This one hasn't even been considered.

• 1 month later...

Hi ,

I visited china in 2008 on a business visa..it was a 15 day tour and everything was right and I came back to my country without overstaying.When I again applied for the visa after 2 years , i was rejected saying that i was blacklisted.I don't know what happened and why i was blacklisted.I tried to contact the Chinese embassy in India and they refused to give any answer . I also tried to get in touch with the embassy in china via a friend of mine who is right now in china, but also did not get a positive reply from. 
What should I do now to get the visa.or can i at least know for how long have i have been blacklisted..Can some one help me on this issue

How did you get the visa? If you went through an agency, it's possible that there was a problem with the agency, or how your visa was obtained. You say 'tour' - was this a holiday, or a business trip, or....?

Hi Myongshi,

Thanks for you reply.

There was nothing as such that happened..Neither did I overstayed , nor any illegal activity that I did.

The only thing that I can remember as also asked by Roddy was how did I obtain my visa first time.

My visa was rejected at the first instance, So I met the Chinese consulate in India and spoke to him, for my visa..So, the Chinese consulate was convinced and he gave me a form with his signature and asked me to submit the form and said that I would get the visa now.

I gave that form to my agent and than I had got the Business Visa..That's it ..after that for the second visit when i tried for the Visa , it was rejected saying that I was black listed.. Now I am not sure if my agent had used a fake invitation letter for the first time and because of which I am being rejected..I am not sure..

I just want to know visit china as I am not able to business properly..without visiting..At least if I come to know what should I do now get the visa.or for how long I am not allowed visa. that would be of great help

Very odd. Are bribes common in your country? Is it possible the agency had a person that they paid to make sure things went through and now they don't?

I don't know how long you'd be blacklisted for but I do know of one person rejected at the border who was told they could not reapply/enter the country for 5 years. But again, that is hear-say.

Wasn't there another case here of someone who was blacklisted for no apparent reason, only for him to find out that the computer hadn't registered his departure on a previous visit to China, so he was shown as an overstayer.

And unless there's been some sort of stamp or writing added to your visa, I don't see that it would tell us anything useful. But if you do post it, delete all identifying names and numbers.