Chinese-Forums

Z visa without bachelor degree or experience

malinamay

• New Members

Hi all, 

I am trying to get a z visa for a job in Shanghai. I have the job already, but I do not have a bachelor degree or the two years of experience, therefore my application for work permit has been declined.

Is there anything to do so I can take the job or is it just impossible? Is there any other way you can be hired that makes it easier (other conditions than Chinese conditions maybe, as if I get out expatriated direct from the company, which is not Chinese?) 

Hope you can help me. 

Not having a bachelor degree is the real problem, the two-year work experience can be handled quite smoothly. But to be honest, in my view, you have no chance to get the Z visa without a bachelor, as it is a quite strict requirement. My friend also applied for a Z visa last year without finishing her BA, it was rejected. She re-applied this year, after passing her final exam and finishing her studies, and she got it without a fuss. Be more patient, China will wait for you, but do your chores before going there.

• Like 1

Photoshop is not going to work these days, especially for a job in Shanghai. You might get the Z visa to enter the country this way, but once you want to get the foreign expert certificate which has to be done within 30 days, the degree has to be officially verified and apostilled and a police interview attended as part of the application process, during which a fake degree is going to be picked up on.

Malinamay, forget about coming to China to work without having a Bachelor degree or above. If you truly want to come to China to live and work you will get a Bachelor's degree.

If you think you can't afford to go to university in your home country, look into what ever financial assistance may be available.

Also consider applying to a university in China for a Bachelor degree. Tuition is cheap and living costs are low in the lower tier cities, and there are partial and even full scholarships available. Yes, there are English medium degree programmes.

If you get accepted, you will be able to come to China on a student visa. There's plenty to see and do in China as a student. And once you graduate you should have no problem getting a Z visa, although you will have to go back to your home country to apply for it.

• New Members

Hi and thanks for your help. It is not a problem for me to get a bachelor, we have free education so that's not it. The thing is that my boyfriend and I planned to move to China together and he is already there, and has gotten a job (even without a bachelor and legally). The company is Danish which I am too, and they need someone Danish and not Chinese to fill out the position as it is important for the brand. But there is no way for me without this bachelor?

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, 

Trying not to get off the topic in hand...

...the degree has to be officially verified and apostilled...

Is that necessary? This process APOSTILLED is done only in your own country or can it be done too in China? Ive seen that universities in China ask for a certified or notarized copy of the Bachelor degree but "apostilled" is something I dont know....

Thanks!

Good question, actually. I don't know first hand, I was just going on what I remember reading elsewhere, which I'm quite likely to have misremembered. There are many people who really graduated from university and have a real degree who have gone to China on a genuine job offer, mostly English teachers, so the answer can't be too hard to find. I think most English schools takeover the job of getting all the paperwork complete and verified, but there is sure to be someone who knows and can tell us.

Best bet is to ask on an English teaching or China expats forum.

• 1 year later...
  • New Members

Hi All,

I have  work in China for over 5 years .

Recently i have been hired to work there again.

But my Diploma was lost during during transfer.

Can i still be issued with a Z Visa without the Diploma included on the Application?

Contact your university straight away, right now, and ask for a replacement testamur. You'll have to prove your identity and pay a fee. No, you cannot be issued with a Z visa without the diploma included in the application.

• 1 month later...
  • New Members

Hi everyone. I am currently working in China on a Z visa but I don’t have a degree. I have an advanced diploma (3years) in hospitality management. I am leaving China and want to come back in August to carry on working in a different school but everyone is saying I won’t be able to apply for a z visa because I don’t have a degree. What can I do?

Thank 

I don't think you have any choice I'm afraid. The rules changed last year and to my knowledge seemed pretty clear. You need a degree. My friend is in the same situation. He was working in Beijing for years but was refused a visa last year too .

Mind you a good visa agent might have some other suggestion. It's no harm asking to see what they suggest. I went through a visa process last year and was missing a document but they managed to work something out. 

Can you turn your advanced diplmona Into a degree? If so, do that and there’s no issues.

Otherwise it’s as above and your friend says, you won’t be able to get a Z visa if you leave and try to come back. 

9 hours ago, ChTTay said:

Can you turn your advanced diplmona Into a degree?

Assuming the diploma is from a well-recognised institution, many universities would recognise it and offer "advanced standing"/"recognition of prior learning", so you could enter into year 2 or 3 of a Bachelor's degree. 

Which entry point is possible will depend on their regulations, and whether it's a 3 or 4 year degree.

• 3 weeks later...