Chinese-Forums

Private school: Xiamen or Kunming?

aless

...today a student introduced me to the jelly sandworm 土笋冻 snack,

That's hard core. I've seen them for sale in several of the large coastal seafood markets up and down Guangdong, but have never had the nerve to try them.

post-20301-0-27769100-1467457424_thumb.jpg

How were they prepared?

Yes, for most nationalities a double entry tourist (L) visa is 30+30 days. When the second entry is about to expire you can apply for an extension in China, they might or might not give 30 more days, sometimes they give less, never, afaik, more. As the extension is actually a new visa that voids the old one, it is important to apply for the extension toward the end of the second entry.

What I heard in HK, but I have no direct experience with, is that it's normally no problem to get two double entry tourist visas within a 12 months period. A third one is usually denied or you are given just 15 days.

If you don't go through an agency they are likely to require return/out of the county confirmed tickets and bookings for the nights you'll spend in China.

Yes,the high speed train link is from Shenzhen Northern train station.

@abcdefg, I have no idea how they cook them, but they come inside a thick transparent gel (you can see the worms inside). When they serve them they cut these jelly bars in cubes and they mix them with some pickles and spicy sauce. To give an idea of the consistency of the jellies, you can pick them easily with a toothpick.

They look like in this photo (not mine):

http://laowaiandthedragon.tumblr.com/image/103898953233

Yes, for most nationalities a double entry tourist (L) visa is 30+30 days. When the second entry is about to expire you can apply for an extension in China, they might or might not give 30 more days, sometimes they give less, never, afaik, more.

Sounds just like the type of situation where having two nationalities and a second passport would come in handy. Simply ship your second passport off to a visa agency as a form of insurance. Then, if you are denied an extension, just go to HK, pick up your other passport and re-enter China on that passport.