Chinese-Forums

Private schools with accommodation

realmayo

3 hours ago, LinZhenPu said:

Which is why I avoid Kunming and Yangshuo in general.

Did you and @realmayo encounter hostility from locals in Kunming? Interesting, because I have had mostly good experience here. Sometimes encounter trouble with the local dialect, but have seldom encountered a negative vibe.

Our schools at Lijiang and Dali have on campus accommodation, 

Links in signature below

We do provide accommodation in Kunming but we haven't expanded our offering much as it is expensive to maintain and those costs must be passed on to students. 

We do however help our students negotiate local rentals for apartments near our school. 

Sorry to hear about negative experiences in Kunming

I've never been to these places. So I'm not speaking from experience. But I get that Yangshuo and Kunming are big touristy places. Maybe that's why I haven't been, I guess I want to avoid the places everybody else has been to so that I get some more unique experiences. Being that Dali and Lijiang are places I've never even heard of, they pique my interest a bit more.

2 hours ago, LinZhenPu said:

I've never been to these places. So I'm not speaking from experience.

OK, I understand. Hope some day you will have a chance to visit all three: Kunming, Dali, and Lijiang. Thirteen million domestic tourists, plus a few foreigners, visited Yunnan during the recent holidays ("Golden Week.") 

For better or worse, Kunming is less of a "hot destination" for casual tourists, even though many pass through on their way to other more popular destinations in Yunnan. It's a regional transportation hub and travel forums sometimes consider it boring, though personally I find a lot to do here.

It's always risky to generalize, but I think small towns are often more warm and welcoming than large cities. Kunming, after all, is a provincial capital with 5 or 6 million residents. Many are busy and brusque, while others are more likely to smile and stop to chat with a stranger.