Chinese-Forums

Getting a Student Visa in Hong Kong

LaoDing

I just posted this in the Hong Kong Visa sticky so I hope the mods don't object. If you do, please delete it and sorry!

My daughter has a scholarship and a Letter of Invitation to study Chinese at a public uni. here in Henan. I teach at the same university on a Z visa. She is on a S2 visa now (multiple-entry) and is a U.S. citizen, like me. I am her guarantor and just got another one-year renewal. Can she get her X1 in Hong Kong? Where should she go and aside from her passport and the Letter of Invitation what else would she need?
Thanks!

Visas in Hong Kong are an ever changing thing and I unfortunately cannot tell you whether it is possible for her to get her student visa in Hong Kong at the moment. I do know however that in general you have to apply for your student visa in your home country. This however does not necessarily mean that you have to be present in your home country when you apply - you could also do it via an agency in the US while you are in Hong Kong (she would have to be outside of mainland China).