Chinese-Forums

Where to buy NPCR in Hong Kong?

cat952

• New Members

First of all, I apologize in advance if this is not the correct subforum to post this question. Please feel free to move this topic to its appropriate place.

I'd like to ask if anyone knows where I could buy NPCR (second or third edition; is the third available to the public already?) in Hong Kong? A friend is going to HK next month and I'm gonna ask him to buy me the first book. But I'm not sure if it's sold in bookstores. If it is, is the CD included already or is it bought separately?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer.

I don't know where you live, but buying books in Hong Kong can be a frustrating goose chase. Especially if your friend is headed to HK on holiday, don't saddle him with searching high and low for a particular book. It'd be rude. Much better if you can find a way to order it online.

I saw it sold here

25 Des Voeux Road, On Lok Yuen Building Lower Level, Mon - Fri 9:00 am - 6:30 pm Central, Hong Kong Sat 9:00 am - 5:30 pm Tel: 2522 7064, 2522 7065 Sun & Public Holiday Closed

However, there is a new edition and I doubt they have it on the shelves.

When I went a couple of months back, I honestly cannot recall if the books were still on the shelves. Also, this is the only bookshop on HK that I have seen NCPR being sold.

• 1 month later...

Yes, but does this book come with a cd (mp3's)? It's not clear on amazon.cn whether it does or not. 2 clearly states 'MP3' however. Frustrating.

I've bought some other (HSK) materials only to find I had to download the audio. Now, that's no big deal, but it was pretty arduous and it requires at least a semi-savvy person to navigate through the Chinese only site to hit pay dirt.