Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

艾墨本

A Short List of Resources for Studying Chinese

艾墨本

@Luxi Is there any option to disable the "shadow" of the character when learning strokes? I liked how Inkstone left it blank and moved your strokes into the right place to suggest better placement. Skritter does something similar but... that price tag.

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

Luxi
3 minutes ago, 艾墨本 said:

any option to disable the "shadow"

The shadow disappears after the first 1 or 2 'reviews' of the character. Sometimes tends to disappear too early for my taste, but there are ways to 'unlearn' characters to keep on practising them.

@艾墨本,may I assume from your post that you can access TL in China? Website or app?

• Like 1

艾墨本
1 minute ago, Luxi said:

The shadow disappears after the first 1 or 2 'reviews' of the character. Sometimes tends to disappear too early for my taste, but there are ways to 'unlearn' characters to keep on practising them.

That's great!

1 minute ago, Luxi said:

@艾墨本,may I assume from your post that you can access TL in China? Website or app?

Yes. I can access it on an iPhone in China. No VPN.

• Like 1

furiop
2 hours ago, 艾墨本 said:

On another note, has anyone used inkstone recently? I'm in China and have just discovered it is not available in this region.

It's a strange destiny: an inexpensive but vey valuable project like Inkstone cannot have a market! 
No one is interested in developing the original project, no one tryied to buy it and sell it.

But it's a very genial tool.

Skishore aka K. Shaunak https://www.skishore.me/ abandonet it without trying the crowfunding...

https://github.com/skishore/inkstone/blob/master/README.md

艾墨本

Is anyone getting a "403 forbidden" on Jukuu? It doesn't seem to be a VPN thing...

SunnySideUp

Same for me. I can open the site just fine and click on their featured words, but then get hit with a 403. This is on firefox.

Tried to open in chrome just for the fun of it ... and lo and behold... it works. Does chrome work for you?

Jan Finster
On 7/30/2017 at 2:37 AM, mlescano said:

I propose complementing this topic with a poll that allows multiple selection. With names of voters shown. And every time a new resource is recommended by at least 3 people, add it to the poll.

It would really be interesting to do a poll that allows multiple answer selection for this topic. @roddy &  @imron is this possible?