Chinese-Forums

Applying for a 2 year / 90 day L visa, UK passport, with invitation letter

onebir

A friend of mine is willing to provide the invitation letter, ID card copy etc, but I wonder:

1) does the proposed period of stay matter? (eg if too short will they give a shorter visa)

2) there's a long itinerary section, does this need to be completed in detail when an invitation letter is being used?

3) do they require a paper copy (eg hand signed)?

Any advice from people who've used this version of the procedure recently (ie post the 2y/90d implementation) in the UK would be appreciated. Thanks!

1) The 2y/90d is (or at least has been) standard issue for any tourist visit, much to the surprise of people needing a visa for a one-off one-week visit.

I don't know how invitation letters work. If it counts as proof of address-while-in-China then do you actually need to add any more itinerary? Can't you just say you're staying there the whole time.

Thanks for the info.

Re:

I don't know how invitation letters work. If it counts as proof of address-while-in-China then do you actually need to add any more itinerary? Can't you just say you're staying there the whole time.

Idk - trying to find out this too!

Hi

All  you need for a tourist visa is a return flight ticket and proof of where you are staying for the time the flight tickets cover. If its a persons home then the invitation letter etc is required, If you are staying in a hostel or hotel then proof of booking is required.

The minimum visa for uk passport is now a 2yr multi entry ( usually 90 days at a time). So once you have got the visa( based on your original request) you can come and go as you please over the 2yrs staying no longer than shown on Visa each time.

hope that helps

I'd rely on the official visa centre. One problem searching for visa answers on the web is that procedures change but you pull up a lot of outdated advice. And if they really do want more documentation for some reason, they'll tell you and you'll have a chance to provide it. No big deal, unless you've waited till the last minute to apply.