Chinese-Forums

Is it possible to change my x2 into X1 inside China and where can it be done?

Camilla cam-cord

• New Members

Hi All:) I'm a Danish citizent. At the moment I'm in Shanghai studying on a x2 visa.this visa has 110 days. In September I will be going to Tianjin to study for a year so I need to change my x2 to an X1. I already has my admission note and the other papers I need for my X1 visa with me. But I have been told that I have to change it in the city where I am going to study? But I was also told that it is not possible to change your x2 to X1 in Tianjin? So im wonderig if the info i Got is Right or if it Would be possible for me to change the x2 to X1 here in Shanghai even though its not the place where im gonna be studying.? Thank you

This kind of thing all seems to be at the discretion of the local authorities (gong an ju/chu ru jing people), who'll do things for institutions/people they like &/ generally make things up as they go along, in a hugely inconsistent way in different &/ the same place.

If the admission note is from Tianjin, I suspect your Shanghai uni is unlikely (/unable) to help much. But afaik HK still deals with these changes for people situated in the mainland, so worst case you'll need a short trip there.