Chinese-Forums

help translate old letter

marshall7777

• 1 month later...
  • New Members

**亲长辈**侄父实况及其心理宗旨,详细*示使侄能进一步劝解母亲,大人阅历已深,当明白侄父母离开三十五年,且侄母已来港十年,尚未能请*侄父返港一晤,于亲戚朋友*亲叔侄眼中,地位将为何之减低,对其内心又将是为何之打击。况侄母年老多疾,观其体格未能久享于人世,若一使其终此生不恩能够与侄父一会,则侄之罪深矣。虽然侄父本人责任最大,但终究是为人后代*无能,二十年来均为生活计奔波,既无才进,也不能多为长辈着想,更谈不上报父母养育厚恩之*一。思之愧绝。侄不才,性倔强,轻易不愿求人,唯求尽已*能,力*不逮,考尔无可奈何矣。谨此以禀,**夹之信,拜访周礼三先生    

敬请

钧安          愚侄吴鸿谋上   1981.12.25

it is a letter from a nephew to his uncle. Basically, the nephew ask his uncle to help his parents to have a reunion.

He said:

Dear uncle, you must know my parents have been divorced for 35 years, and my mom have been at Hong Kong for ten years, but my mom has never invite my father to visit her. It is embarrassing a lot, esp. in the eyes of other family members. What’s more, it is not only made my father down, also it is a heave strike to him.

Now, my mom is old and in a very bad health condition. If she cannot meet my dad in her left life, I will feel guilty and deeply sad. I know it is my dad’s responsibility for everything, but he has already done everything he could to feed the next generation.

During last twenty years, I have been struggle for life, but little achievement made, and did nothing to let my parents happy. I feel very sorry for this. Now, I am begging you, my dear uncle, to help to arrange my parents reunion and see each other.

Yours,

• Like 1