Chinese-Forums

Pokemon to Learn Chinese

markhavemann

Hi guys, 

I've been going through the Grand First Episode project and trying to find something suitable for my level but even the shows that are labelled "elementary" are just too difficult and out of my grasp. They just talk so fast! 

With Pokemon becoming so popular again thanks to Pokemon Go I decided to see if the language was any more accessible and found that I could understand enough to make it enjoyable to watch.

The episodes on Youku do you have Chinese subtitles (Traditional) but it would be really helpful if they were simplified, or even better a transcript of each episode. I tried searching for soft subs on Google and on Baidu (with my very limited Chinese) but couldn't find anything. 

Does anybody have any idea of if/where these are available? 

I also couldn't find simplified subtitles. But it shouldn't be too hard with tradional ones. You can read along with what they are saying so you learn traditional characters in the process.

If you are using Anki to learn vocabulary I would advise you to put the traditional version of the word on there, too.

As far as I've seen, there are no subs or transcripts for simplified. What is your chinese level?

Lower intermediate I would say. I'm struggling a bit with the listening side of things right now. Sometimes while watching Pokemon I have no idea what they said but if I pause it and read the subtitles I can understand fine. 

I was hoping to get a transcript to go through it slowly, possibly knowing what is coming up with help with the hearing. 

Do you know if there are transcripts for traditional? That should be helpful too.