Chinese-Forums

When to buy 月餅

Dcat

#22 - You usually are gifted a box of them. Too many to eat at once. Most of them have a shelf life of 3 months. So you nibble along on them as you wish. They don't need to be eaten on any special auspicious nights.

The last two or three years here (Kunming) we have had a glorious full moon during mid-autumn festival. People step out of the house to admire it. Some go to one of our lakes, where moon reflections can be seen in the water.

• Like 1

Awesome, excellent! I took a day trip out to Chinatown today with some family and walked around, got some 珍珠奶茶, and went to an authentic Cantonese bakery to get a few mooncakes to bring home. Haven't had any yet, but I think I'll give one a try tonight. We got two 五仁, one lotus with yolk, and one red bean. Probably going to slice up a 五仁 tonight.

Thank you so much, everyone, for all the help and advice you gave! This thread is like a resource for mooncake etiquette now. :) 

謝謝大家!中秋節快樂!