Chinese-Forums

cctv direct broadcast

艾墨本

This week, CCTV's direct broadcast started requiring me to use safari instead of Chrome and when I go over to Safari it demands I download a CCTV add-on (sorry, not happening CCP). 

After reloading the page tons of times in Chrome it is now working, even without the "required" add-on. Apparently arbitrary restrictions.

Does anyone know of alternative methods to watch CCTV via the internet?

Thanks you.

@Publius

That's where I was watching them previously but something seems to have changed these past couple weeks. I won't install the plugin so I'm forced to go someplace else. It's particularly annoying since it seems the plugin is arbitrary since all I have to do is refresh a half dozen times and I can watch it. But that's not a fun process to go through.

If you have an iPad or iPhone, the iTunes store has is CCTV app with selected programs, and also a CBoxHD app that has the full range of Chinese Central TV channels. Both are free and don't require registration.

There is a CCTV app for Android but it doesn't work in Nexus tablets, though it may work in non-Google Android devices.