Chinese-Forums

Google Chrome and Pinyin Input

AbbieLu

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone has the same issue at the moment. Up until Saturday I could type hanzi without any problems when browsing using Chrome. I've noticed since then that it's completely stopped working but works perfectly well when using Skype, Word, etc.

Any ideas how to fix it? Thanks

• New Members

We are having this problem too (three Chinese teachers in the States).

I tried deleting and re-installing it, but to no avail. I'm not sure if this is a Google problem or a Pinyinput problem. It still works if typing in Gmail, just not in Google Drive.

I am going to try to re-install Google Chrome right now, but if that doesn't work, does anyone else have any suggestions on how to fix this? Or a workaround to type Pinyin with tones on Google without copying and pasting from another site? 

Thanks in advance!

• New Members

Or my own Pinyinput 

@imron, that's what we use! For the last few days, it wasn't cooperating when we used it in Google Docs when in Chrome (but was fine using Gmail). This morning it seems to be working well again! Thank you. Our IS dept said they thought maybe it had to do with Chrome updates not syncing? Who knows! We're just happy it's working again in Chrome.

In case it happens to anyone else, we realized that using Google Docs in Firefox alleviated the problem. 谢谢大家!

@shelley, there is only one current version of my Pinyinput.  There are older versions out there, but these are not available from the official page.  The original poster was asking about Chinese character pinyin input methods so it wasn't clear to me if #4 (which mentioned having the same problem) was talking about my Pinyinput or something else.