Chinese-Forums

Where to meet people? (harbin)

Nathan and Xue

Hi, 

Me and my wife have been living in Harbin for over a year now. I am English and my wife is Chinese (from Harbin) - We have a lovely group of local friends, as well as all of my wifes large family.. but we have no english-speaking friends!

When we moved here together, we have never really got involved in any sort of expat community type places, but now that we have a bit more time on our hands we really want to meet some new people. 

Any advice on where to start? Are there any organised meet ups? Or just places that people tend to go/meet people/hang out? 

Recommendations would be awesome :D 

Thanks

Nathan + Xue 

• Like 1

Heya, I live on Shanghai Street in Dao Li district, quite central and close to Zhong Yang Da Jie. 

That happens to be right next to where The Harbin Mandarin School is.

Also, how did you do the quote like that? Did you enter the information in manually?

Zander - Awesome, Just looked on a map and we have been to that area before! 

I'll send you a private message to talk more. 

+ Lin, I would also love to know how to quote properly. On other forums Its been easy, just pressing a button next to their messages, but on here I cant seem to find a way! 

Are you from harbin also?

• 5 months later...
  • New Members

I'll be in Harbin starting April 27th, and would like to meet some people while I'm there.

I'll be going to the Harbin Mandarin School which is in the Dao Wai district near Central Street.

It's my first time in China, so pointers on what to see/do would be appreciated.  I'm also hoping to meet some people I can practice Chinese with.

Best Regards,

-Eli