Chinese-Forums

another doubt please help me.... thanks

Dina

Thank you for the yesterday explanation about the simplified character confusion.

I was very good.

there is another phrase I can not understand the meaning.

古史以火德旺者日炎帝,以土德旺者日黄帝.黄帝姓公孙,名轩 辕.

Can any one help me please?

Thanks again

Dina

"In ancient history, the one with "great Mars/fire virtue" was called Yandi, the one with "great Saturn/earth virtue" was called Huangdi. Huangdi's surname was Gongsun, his given name Xuanyuan."

This passage talks about the origin of the Chinese people, why they call themselves 炎黃子孫. 炎帝 (Yandi) was 神農氏, 黃帝 (Huangdi) was 軒轅氏. If you search the web, some say that Huangdi's surname was 姬, not 公孫.

I don't know what "火德" and "土德" mean. They could mean the planets or the elements. I have searched a little bit on the website and this comes up -

阴阳家把五行相胜说作为一个固定的公式,解释自远古以来人类历史的一切发展变化,比附社会历史中王朝更替的现象,提出了“五德终始”的历史观,认为历史上王朝的兴替是受水火木金土五种势力(五德)的支配,是“五德转移”的结果。五德转移从土德开始,“从所不胜,木德继之,金德次之,火德次之,水德次之。”

"旺" describes something of a great amount, something that prospers.

You may have noticed, to say something or to call something is "曰" (pronounced "yue", the character is flatter and broader), not "日" (ri).

Dina, I think you have a very peculiar interest in reading these materials.

..." In ancient history, the one with "great Mars/fire virtue" was called Yandi, the one with "great Saturn/earth virtue" was called Huangdi. Huangdi's surname was Gongsun, his given name Xuanyuan."

This passage talks about the origin of the Chinese people, why they call themselves 炎黃子孫. 炎帝 (Yandi) was 神農氏, 黃帝 (Huangdi) was 軒轅氏. If you search the web, some say that Huangdi's surname was 姬, not 公孫. ..."

Yes I agree. I searched at the web and I could find the Gong Sun surname for a Huang Di from the East Han dinasty.

And here I can not understand why it says that Gong Sun is the surname of a Huang Di.

Still I can not get?

Can you?

.....................This is on TCM studies..................

The meaning of fire and earth is the meaning of the five elements Wu Xin.

Do you see?

Means the virtue of fire and earth.

I don't know what "火德" and "土德" mean. They could mean the planets or the elements. I have searched a little bit on the website and this comes up