Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

• Why you should look around

Since 2003, Chinese-forums.com has been helping people learn Chinese faster and get to China sooner. Our members can recommend beginner textbooks, help you out with obscure classical vocabulary, and tell you where to get the best street food in Xi'an. And we're friendly about it too. 

Have a look at what's going on, or search for something specific. We hope you'll join us. 
realmayo

any good TV series recently?

sekkar

Right now I'm watching these two:

顫抖吧 阿部: A period drama with a sci-fi twist. Quite enjoyable, it's light-hearted and funny, which is a nice change of pace from all the melodrama you find in most other series. And it's only 25 episodes! This is a pet peeve of mine, so many Chinese series would be soooo much more enjoyable if they condensed it down to 25 episodes, instead of the bloated 67 episodes you usually get, where half of it is just boring filler.

明星大侦探: A variety show where the cast plays different roles in a murder mystery and the goal is for them to uncover who among them is lying and commited the murder. Each episode has its own theme or setting, e.g. that last one I saw was set on the Titanic and the love triangle between Jack, Rose and the other guy was a part of it. Entertaining  and contains lots of banter, which is nice from a language learning perspective.

• Like 2

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

abcdefg
4 hours ago, sekkar said:

Entertaining  and contains lots of banter, which is nice from a language learning perspective.

I agree, banter is useful in your Chinese language toolkit. 

大肚男
On 12/3/2018 at 3:19 PM, sekkar said:

大侦

My wife absolutely loves this show, but I think that's because she has a secret crush for 何老师。

I think it's fun, but drags on for a bit too long towards the second half of the investigation. I think people talk too fast in it, and I find it hard to follow even with subtitles.

Wurstmann

I've started watching 悍城 and so far it's excellent! I always get excited when a show only has 24 or 12 episodes. In my opinion the pacing is one of the main problems of Chinese TV shows.

• Like 2