Chinese-Forums

One week overlap with work and start of the semester

艾墨本

I'm hoping to apply for a scholarship to study in Beijing come Fall 2017.

Based on the only calendars I could find, here and here, I am likely to overlap with the start of the semester due to work. I might be working up until the last week of august or the first week of September. 

Does anyone know whether or not it would be doable to miss the orientation period for classes and not get to campus until the first week of class?

I'm assuming no official words on this until I contact the university that I end up applying for, but any opinions would be helpful before I went down the administration tunnel of doom.

Thank you

Only the university you're planning to enroll to can answer this question, because it's up to the flexibility of the uni's international office.

I studied in a third-tier city in Hebei,an American and three Korean classmates showed up later than the registration period, obviously after communicating this with the international coordinator. They had absolutely no issues with the process. But there is a slight chance that Beijing unis are less flexible, so you should ask them on this.