Chinese-Forums

Beijng 靠谱中介 reliable real state agents 南锣鼓巷,北新桥那块儿

dementior

Hello everyone,

I am trying to find a reasonably priced apartment in Beijing. 自如 is ok but I think their apartments lack character and are slightly overpriced.

Does anyone know an agent who could help me find what I am looking for (and who will skip showing the bad stuff)

平房

精装修

露台 (this is a luxury but I do like them)

暖气 (I guess most are electrical heating, but still)

surface: min 35/40 up to 70 m2

price: max 6K

any tips appreciated.

thanks!

If you speak Chinese just go to 我爱我家 or Homelink. They essentially are your only options for large estate agents. As for individual agents at these companies, I find them all essentially the same. If you don't like one, just pick a colleague and try them. They all have the same properties to show.

As for individual , independent agencies. I always worry they'll just cut and run.

For not showing you bad places , I think this is how every agent operates at a certain budget. They want to get rid of less desirable places so show you those first in the hope you take it. They also might want to try lower your expectations.

Or show you the pricey ones in the hope you're lying about your budget. "It's a mere 1000Y more expensive" - "Oh, if it's a MERE 1000Y perhaps you can reduce the rent that much?" - "What, are you crazy, I can't afford to lose 1000Y"

thanks for the responses! the average apartment really does not meet my standards... I went to 链家 as well but their offer inside the second ring is very limited, most of them were 合租. Anyway I will not give up, at least not yet.

I used 我爱我家 (a few years ago) and found a satisfactory apartment in 五道口. The agent first showed us some very expensive (but still not that great) units, but eventually showed us a decent one in our price range. I remember after we told the agent we wanted it (there were others touring it at the same time), he made a phone call and kept yelling the he had already accepted money from us (not true) to lock it in. The agent was very helpful, and continued to help us out with various things during our stay. He even brought us an entire bag of 双黄蛋 over the holidays for some reason.

http://wang124021.cn.zhsho.com/

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to share an experience with you. After paying deposit for an apartment inside a Hutong the agent got in contact with me and said the apartment was not safe 自建房 没有房产本 and was not possible to obtain invoice. She promptly gave back to me the deposit and now I have no apartment :) I had clearly stated in advance invoice was mandatory for me.

My point here is, most probably they found another tenant willing to pay more than myself and made up this excuse to give back the deposit to me. what is the point of paying a deposit in this case? I contacted Beijing municipal commission of Housing and Urban rural development but their answer was there is plenty of apartment keep on looking