Chinese-Forums

Unusual Question about Micro-Transactions in China

Noel33NI

Unless you happen to be big business, it's hard to buy anything in China, because Chinese industry

deals in bulk quantity. At the same time, China has all the products and sometimes they cannot be

easily obtained in the western world.

So I wanted to ask this community a question.

Suppose I said, I want to buy 25 grams of some abrasive powder (China only wants to sell me 1KG of the powder)

Can a local chinese person go to an industrial park for instance, buy the 25 grams of abrasive powder? Or will they

face the same problem I always have?

Thanks

Noel

Usually the manufacturer does not sell direct to the public. Its not worth their while parcelling up small amounts and dealing with it in a piecemeal fashion.

So you have whole sellers who buy large quantities from the manufacturer and package it up in to smaller quantities. They sell this to the retailer who may package it up even smaller and sell to you, the general public, your 25grams of abrasive powder.

At each stage the price goes up appropriately, transport, packaging, advertising etc add "value" to the item. As a retailer you need to be able charge for keeping stock on your shelf,

One solution, become a whole seller, Buy one kilo, pack it up in 25 gram packets and sell it on. If you work your prices out right you should cover your costs and your 25 grams could be your profit, so in effect your 25 grams are free (apart from the effort required to get all together).

This is how it works with the things I buy for my business.

Thanks a lot. The problem it would seem is that I am experiencing a notable break in the chain between manufacturer and retailer on some items

of interest. I myself am not a business, at least not yet, i'm more into the research and development of 8 products of my own, which all going

well might enable my entry as a micro business.

I found one good retailer in Siberia who can front me 4 types of industrial abrasive powder in small quantities and 1 china based ebay retailer

who can provide 2 other types, also in small quantities.

The technical description for the one and only powder still evading me right now, is Detonation Synthesis Synthetic Nano Diamond Powder.

I cannot find a retailer for this unfortunately. I could buy it in bulk, albeit at a high cost to me but this would put a terrible strain on me financially.

Such powder is obtainable in the west, also produced in the west but at a simply outrageous and uneconomical cost to me.

China however, is a big place, i'm convinced I can find a suitable retailer, but maybe just with more effort.

Thanks

Noel. 

"You have identified a gap in the market. Fill it."

You have identified a gap in the market. Determine if anyone else is in the gap, or if it's just you.

You've maybe exhausted this angle, but perhaps look at suppliers of laboratories, which would use smaller quantities. I found this firm

http://www.york-bio.com/Nanodiamonds.htm

fairly easily - maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but a step in the right direction, perhaps?

• Like 1

Thank you for that link, I have contacted that company for some information.

The product research I am working on appeals to a niche market. Custom products

tailored to people who either rely upon or simply demand performance, particularly so

in relation to computer hardware and related tech. 

I have in a sense, already identified the gap that I wish to fill but it would not include

the provisioning of Chinese industrial nano materials on a retail scale. This would constitute

too much of an expense to me. I am not financially capable of filling that gap. 

I will instead try to encourage one existing Chinese Ebay retailer to consider expanding

what they currently provide in the hope that I can create opportunities of my own from it.