Jump to content
Learn Chinese in China

Z visa work experience with master from mainland China


Recommended Posts



I was reading here: http://www.visainchina.com/visa2.htm


That from April 2017 onwards you don't need 2 years work experience post-graduation if you have a masters degree from mainland China. Is it true? I will graduate in July with a masters.


"Master degree from any university in Mainland China (with outstanding graduation certificate)" I can't find any mention of this on other websites, the other sites only mention that the visa process is changing.



Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.


Is anybody in a similar situation?


I found a job and they are in the process of preparing to get my visa, I will graduate in June with a MSc in Computer Science. I still can't find much information online about this policy and my university don't seem to know either.


Do I just apply like a normal applicant and include the required docs from my Chinese university after graduation: degree, transcript and record of good behavior? Or is there a specific way to apply if you want to take advantage of the policy.


The job is related to my major which I guess will help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are relevant links that may come in use:


http://www.mohrss.gov.cn/gkml/xxgk/201701/t20170111_264214.html (Policy in Chinese)

http://www.china-briefing.com/news/2017/01/26/chinas-z-visa-masters-graduates.html (English)


None of those links mention if you have to take specific steps when applying for the work license, so I presume you just apply as a normal applicant and hope for the best.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps include in your application file a note written in Chinese saying that as far as you are aware according to the new regulations (include the government website link) the 2 year work experience requirement is waived for applicants who have a Master degree from any university in Mainland China. Any effort you make to make the government officials' work easier should be looked upon favourably.

Good luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and select your username and password later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Click here to reply. Select text to quote.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...