Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China
  • Why you should look around

Since 2003, Chinese-forums.com has been helping people learn Chinese faster and get to China sooner. Our members can recommend beginner textbooks, help you out with obscure classical vocabulary, and tell you where to get the best street food in Xi'an. And we're friendly about it too. 

Have a look at what's going on, or search for something specific. We hope you'll join us. 
Edredonblue

What is the true sentiment here?

Edredonblue    0
Edredonblue

I am beginner beginner....

I recently recieved this from an old admirer but what does the translation mean and what is the true sentiment?  i have the pic attached.  Havent seen him in a while..

Blue

post-68717-0-57664800-1483960972_thumb.jpg

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

Edita    49
Edita

Litteraly "I like you". It can mean simply "like", but more often it means "I love you".

The chinese usually prefer not to say feelings too straight, so 我喜欢你 is already rather serious.

It depends on the context, on who is that person to you or who you are in his/her life. 

• Like 2

Lu    1,851
Lu

What Edita says. And heaven knows what he really means, sending you this after a long time of no contact. If you're romantically interested in him, this message is good news for you! If not, you can either ignore him, or if you think you might run into him, tackle the matter head on and explain to him that you don't feel that way about him. Good luck.