Chinese-Forums

ankisrs.net vs ankiapp.com

fabiothebest

I've known anki for long time, although I didn't use it very much. I used memrise more often, anyway I also tried anki and pleco flashcards, all of them are great in my opinion. Maybe the problem is keeping up with flashcards in different programs, it would make sense to use just one program ideally. Anki is the one that can help creating the most customizable decks I believe, so I'm willing to create a deck of mine and start using it again. Today I was searching online and I stumbled upon ankiapp. It seems produced by another company, all the apps are free (I previously paid for my original iOS anki app but I was glad to do it for supporting the development) and it seems it has a slicker user interface. I just downloaded it, but didn't try it yet. I saw it can import decks made with the original ankisrs and also quizlet decks. I don't know if there is an equivalent of ankiweb, I didn't try to log into the website yet. Hmm they say they have also many premade decks, I don't know if the got them from ankiweb or not. I'm curious to know if some of you tried it already.

For clarity, this is the original anki website that we all know: http://ankisrs.net

this is the new program I'm talking about (based on the original anki): https://www.ankiapp.com

They are two distinct programs so you need to signup for a new account if you want to try anki app. You can't use the same account of anki srs.

p.s. I just checked and also ankiapp has a web based version.

• Like 1