Chinese-Forums

Questions about Study, Life, Pollution, TCM in Shanghai

night

• New Members

Hi guys,

I was thinking for quite a while now about studying the English-taught Bachelor in Traditional Chinese Medicine that is offered at the Shanghai University of TCM (If anyone here is studying at this university, I´d be really happy if you could share your experiences)

And as much as I love the Chinese culture, travelling and experiencing the life in foreign countries, there are a few things that I´m a bit concerned about.

One being the pollution in China. Now, there seem to be a lot of different opinions on this topic, some people saying that it´s not too bad, others stating that not only the air, but also the water and food in China are heavily polluted. I also hear of a lot of expats leaving China for this reason. So I´d like to hear about your experiences about pollution in Shanghai. How bad is it, is it getting better or worse, how much does it affect your life? Has it had any effects on your health? How would you generally describe the quality of life in Shanghai?

Another question I´d like to ask those who have experiences with universities in China: How is the quality of education in China compared to other countries? For those who studied an English-taught course: How was the teachers' level of English? Was your education on par with, let´s say, the same program in Chinese?

How easy/difficult is it to find an apartment in Shanghai, especially with little language skills?

How do you deal with things like the internet censorship in China?

These are just some things on my mind. I hope that you could tell me a little bit about your experiences in Shanghai. And maybe if you had similar concerns before moving to Shanghai, how do you like your life now? Are you happy you made the decision? Do you perhaps regret it? I´d be happy about every input.

Thank you very much :)