Jump to content
Learn Chinese in China

Getting the physical done in China?


Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,


A physical examination is required for the CGS application, but I am already living in China. I completed the Foreigner Physical Examination form about a year ago, before coming to China. Does this mean I will have to get another physical in China? Does anybody know how to do this? I don't even know where to start. How do I find out what hospital to go to? Does anybody have experience with this?


I would greatly appreciate any input.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

@Wurstmann, I'm pretty sure the physical has to be within six months to be valid for the CSC scholarship. Mine was over a year ago so I don't think it's valid but I don't know how to confirm this. I live in Jinan. What is this special place? Do you know how I would find this place in Jinan?


Thanks for your help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doing it in China is perfect, because it's the only way you won't have to re-take it. Our university took all of us to a clinic of the type mentionned above and had us re-take the examination and out of 80, 90 students there was not a single one, whose previous examinations fulfilled the requirements of the Chinese government. (Note that we came from a range of countries all over the world ) Doing it in China might avoid the double costs for you. However you will have to retake it once per year afterwards. (I'm also CSC recipient)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, at the beginning of every schoolyear. But I decided to finish my 1 year language stay in summer and do my masters in my home country, so I won't go through the second time anyway... 


Meine Schwiegereltern meinten auch, dass alle Chinesen jeden Jahr einmal zum Checkup müssen, weiß aber nicht, ob das wirklich stimmt. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anybody know of one of these clinics in Harbin? I'm here now I want to try this out to see if it works for a Taiwanese 6-month working holiday visa (renewable for another 6 months).

This is the health certificate form they want you to use: http://www.roc-taiwan.org/uploads/sites/12/2015/08/Health-Certificate.pdf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and select your username and password later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Click here to reply. Select text to quote.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...