Chinese-Forums

Getting the physical done in China?

msteve60

Hello everyone,

A physical examination is required for the CGS application, but I am already living in China. I completed the Foreigner Physical Examination form about a year ago, before coming to China. Does this mean I will have to get another physical in China? Does anybody know how to do this? I don't even know where to start. How do I find out what hospital to go to? Does anybody have experience with this?

I would greatly appreciate any input.

Thanks.

@Wurstmann, I'm pretty sure the physical has to be within six months to be valid for the CSC scholarship. Mine was over a year ago so I don't think it's valid but I don't know how to confirm this. I live in Jinan. What is this special place? Do you know how I would find this place in Jinan?

Thanks for your help.

Doing it in China is perfect, because it's the only way you won't have to re-take it. Our university took all of us to a clinic of the type mentionned above and had us re-take the examination and out of 80, 90 students there was not a single one, whose previous examinations fulfilled the requirements of the Chinese government. (Note that we came from a range of countries all over the world ) Doing it in China might avoid the double costs for you. However you will have to retake it once per year afterwards. (I'm also CSC recipient)

Yes, at the beginning of every schoolyear. But I decided to finish my 1 year language stay in summer and do my masters in my home country, so I won't go through the second time anyway... 

Meine Schwiegereltern meinten auch, dass alle Chinesen jeden Jahr einmal zum Checkup müssen, weiß aber nicht, ob das wirklich stimmt. 

Anybody know of one of these clinics in Harbin? I'm here now I want to try this out to see if it works for a Taiwanese 6-month working holiday visa (renewable for another 6 months).

This is the health certificate form they want you to use: http://www.roc-taiwan.org/uploads/sites/12/2015/08/Health-Certificate.pdf