Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

You have already tried to apply through a Chinese embassy and this attempt was not successful.

What are your options? 

-You apply through a Chinese university where the university nominates you for the CSC;

-Other scholarships 

I am personally interested in Biomedical Engineering. Have you considered that or you are set on an MBBS (cadavers and all)? 

Chinese-taught or English-taught? 

@Angelina I am yet to press submit for a uni to pursue pharmacy. The reason is I have always wanted to be a dr and wouldn't be happy with anything else especially too much Chem. As an undergrad, is there any uni that can nominate me for MBBS via CSC as it is I see CSC via uni mainly deals with postgrad.

You can look at statistics. Universities and provincial scholarships usually list who was previously awarded their scholarship. If there are only graduate students, it is safer not to apply for a bachelor's degree. You can also try to talk to them. 

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I just found this forum and thread and I am glad I did.

So my question is, would a low mark at a Master degree damage my chances of getting a scholarship? The uni application fees are quite high for me so I am asking so I can at least spend the money knowing that I have some chance.

I've seen several answers regarding the "notarized" transcripts, however I'm hoping someone can give a definitive answer here. If they are in English and sealed in an envelope from a university's registrar office does that count as notarized? Additionally, if sealed transcripts are acceptable to send in with the application package, what are we supposed to upload into the online application? Does an official digital copy work for the online app, even though as a digital copy it will display "printed copy" in the background when opened by a third party? How about the rest of the documents that we are required to upload? We have to upload digitals as well as send hard copies in duplicate to the embassy? I am applying to the embassy in Washington DC for language study only. Thank you all!

@igoeth Notarization should be done at the notary public and therefore simply hhaving documents in English and in an official envelope doesn't count. You need to notarise your docs regardless of whether they are in English and stamped or not. Notarisation simply confirms that the seal and signature on your transcripts are true. Nothing else. You need to upload all copies and later send hard copies in duplicate.

大家好!

I'm currently attending a one-year Chinese course in Beijing under the Chinese Government Scholarship - EU Window program.

I would like to apply for another scholarship for studying in a Master taught in English starting from September, but I have some doubts:

- can I apply again for the CGS even if I've already been granted a scholarship last year?

- I read on the CSC website that it is possible to apply for more than one program, therefore I would like to apply for both the EU Windows program and the university program. Nevertheless, I don't understand how I can apply for more than one program since during the online application I can choose only one agency code (I can't insert both the EU Window agency code and my target university agency code). Should I make a new registration and send a second online application? Any suggestion?

- In case I can't apply for both programs, would you suggest me to apply again to the EU Window program or directly to the university? Which program do you think is better and "safer"? 

Thank you in advance!

You can apply two times, make separate applications, application number one: use the embassy agency code, then use the university agency code for a second application. 

I am not aware of any restrictions. Have you found anything on this? Where one person can make only one CSC application? I do not think there are any restrictions of this kind.

This part is not obligatory. What is the point of it anyway? Maybe just in case if they can't reach you to tell you about the results.

If you have it, it can be convenient, but you don't and it is fine.

@LanceGonza

Hey everyone! Good luck with this round of applications! I'll try and answer questions when I can. 

One piece of advice I can give is to be very patient because the CSC likes to take their time with everything haha.

• Like 1

@Angelina

Thanks for your answer!

But how can I send two different application? If I remember well, when I register I can send only one application (therefore I can use only one agency code). Should I make two different registration and then send one application with the first account and the other application with the second account?

About the other question, a friend of mine told me that it's not possible to ask a second scholarship, but it was probably just a rumor. 

20 hours ago, Ele176 said:

Should I make two different registration and then send one application with the first account and the other application with the second account?

yes 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ele176 said:

About the other question, a friend of mine told me that it's not possible to ask a second scholarship, but it was probably just a rumor. 

I mean, apply for a second scholarship at the same time.

I think there are no restrictions to how many times you register online at CSC during the same application period. 

You can make two registrations using the same name during the same application period, right? If this is ok, and you have already chosen a master's degree program, make everything the same, expect for the agency number, one EU Window, one the university. Since you are in China already you can meet faculty from that program and make sure they are willing to accept your application. Then for funding you have two options, so it will probably be fine.