Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

@Tiri Yes, that means you do not have to send a hard (physical) copy at all.

Also a note to those in EU worried about pre-admission letters. From the FAQ: 

There is no problem if you don’t have any admission letter from universities; actually, every year, most applicants apply without it.

That said, it certainly wouldn't hurt to have one.

Hello all!

I'm almost done with my application.

Just have a question to you - how long were you waiting for your pre-admission letter? 

I sent my documents to the University more than 2 weeks ago, they replied that they received all of them and that was the end of contact. I don't know if It's taking them so much time or just they haven't accepted me but just didn't inform me about it. I'm worried because I am having deadline in the next week. :(

• New Members

Hi everyone

I am applying for csc scholarship through chinese universitiesand I have some issues fulfilling the university's online application form

So I would like to know if I have to pay the application fee. Also should I add my Certificate of non-criminal record, Financial support certificate and Certificate of guarantee?

thanks

Did anyone encounter this problem, where the course you want to choose is not listed in the new online system :wall (but your host institution does offer it)? Any solutions? The list is just not detailed enough for the variety of majors available in each university.

@Sharon_Too Have you checked in in other concentrations? maybe there is a group that encompasses several majors, including the one that you want.

By the way, how does admission works when I don't apply to any university but state my desired institutions ins the CSC application? does anybody know?

Hello. I read the topic but still find it confusing. I hope I'm not too late. I want to apply for MBBS. Where can I find the application forms? Who do I sent my documents to? Should I try emailing the embassy? Any advice would be helpful.

@xit Hi Xit. I don't really know what are the deadlines in your case because each organization has its own dates. 

First of all, you should go to http://www.campuschina.org or http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/indexen.aspx and click on "application for international students".

Create an account and fill all the required fields. The first field is the most important one because that's where you have to put the organization code and the type of program (A, B or C) provided by the embassy, ministry of education, or organization like the OAS.

After completing the online application you will have to send physical copies of the documents to the respective organization (again I don't know which ones in your case).

I hope this helps, you also have a lot of info at the beginning of this thread.

• New Members
On 3/13/2017 at 10:30 PM, OBY said:

You will have to merge the two recommendation letters into one document and upload it as a single document. Note that it shouldn't be more that 3MB

I have no words to describe that method... Firstly, it means that recommenders are required to share their letter with the student, which violates their right to write objective letters. Secondly, it requires the student to merge the two recommendation letters, which is equivalent to manipulating official documents, which is against the moral, ethical, and legal code. In my case, I had to ask one recommender to disclose their recommendation letter to the other recommender, who then merged the two letters and uploaded them using my credentials. Absolutely pathetic system...

I, too, think that this is the system creators' designed solution. It is, perhaps, the worst out of all application systems I have used.

@dgb328

This method isn't unheard of. For example, at the Technical University of Denmark, it's pretty much the same method.

To quote from their admission portal: 

Please upload the following documentation as ONE document: Statement of purpose, CV, two recommendation letters and the GPA tool with your Danish GPA calculated.

I actually didn't think anything of it. I didn't feel like any legal, moral, or ethical code was violated either. Is it maybe a bigger thing in other countries? Most Chinese university sites also employ this method of user-uploaded letters.

• New Members

Hello everyone! 

I found out about the CSC scholarship very recently so I apologize if any questions are redundant. I was wondering if the application was still open to begin, as I am hoping to apply to a Chinese language program for a year. I'm not really sure how to begin the application process but thank you so much for this forum, it has really helped so much! :mrgreen:

@dgb328 You've  actually got it all wrong. 'Into one document' that meant 'into one PDF document'. Of course letters are two, but they are "merged into one pdf file". If you want to do it onlie just google: merge PDF online. If you want to convert PDF into JPEG or other format google convert PDF file.

Good luck with your application. 

Mary.

@dgb328 I agree. My recommenders were surprised to know that the letters could easily be read by me, but they thankfully agreed to write them anyway. I managed to avoid reading the letters altogether even when merging them, but it's poor design of the portal on the part of the scholarship council and could make it difficult for some people to get the letters they need.