Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

@hejmeddig actually, I ended up applying directly through the university. It accepted me, but my scholarship application status is still "Submitted". Unless I'm looking in the wrong place ;_____;

@Artemiy Thank you! I will die waiting for this results. It helps to think we're all in this together...

Hey, I applied to  Yanshan uni for a non-degree language program. It's 4 years long but I only want to do 2 years (I have to return to Australia then to study medicine as my results will no longer be valid). I was limited in what I could choose as I can only start in March, I won't be finished my degree in September. What would happen if I left prior to completion of the program? 

@cliveface96 The two solutions that I have so far is to do 2 years of the program and then cancel the scholarship (I'm unaware of the consequences) or contact the CSC asap and explain that you can't do the totality of the program (I don't know how they  would manage that. Probably by finding an institution with 2 year programs)

@MrDuque Yeah I was planning to just do 2 years and then leave to be honest lol. My understanding from reading the terms and conditions is that the scholarship would just expire after you leave as you wouldn't pass the annual review or whatever. I couldn't find anything written about it being necessary to pay back whatever funds they've already spent on you.  If anyone is interested see this page on the annual review: http://en.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/newsdetailen.aspx?cid=193&id=1349

I just had a Chinese mate call up Yanshan University and apparently the CSC website is actually incorrect. They don't offer a 4 year program or any language program at all to scholarship students. There are 1 sem, 1 year or 2 year language courses but the student has to pay. Pretty sad. Hopefully the other unis I applied for actually offer a language program :/. 

Hi! Anyone who applied through Peking University? The deadline for CSC application thru the university was March 31, I submitted my docs around March 28. But I only got my acceptance letter from Peking U on March 29. During that time, I thought there's no need to send my "Pre-admission Letter" since Peking U will be the one processing my docs and I assumed that they would know that I already got accepted. I was just thinking recently that maybe I should've withdrawn the application and edited it with the "Pre-admission Letter". Any thoughts on this? 

I have already received the scholarship letter from the Chinese embassy in my country and also the preadmission letter from my university of choice. Does anyone know what steps I'm supposed to take next?

The Ministry of Education is slow on relaying information and so far I've had to rush to do everything, every time I learn there's something else I need to do. So I'd like to get prepared for whatever has to happen next.

I got email from UK admissions saying I am not accepted in first round of admissions.

They got 130 applications and 50 got accepted.

I am high on waiting list, they offered me full scholarship for Wuhan University instead but I rejected.

Still hopeful! :(