Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

• New Members

Hi,

I am in the process of filling out my CSC application, and I noticed that on before you start the application there is a list of steps. Step 6 reads: "Prepare other supporting documents as required and send the full package of application documents (in duplicate) to the dispatching authorities." I am wondering if this means that we have to mail our application in addition to submitting the online application? As well, who are the "dispatching authorities" and what is the correct mailing address to send my application to if this is required?

Thank-you for your help!

Nikita

• New Members

Hello.
I would like to ask an information.
As a prospective "Chinese Language and Culture" candidate, what I need to select during the registration on the website in the field of Major/study? There is no "non-degree" but only bachelor, master etc. and in the field of study there is no "Chinese Language and Culture".

Is there someone that can help me? Do I need to select General Scholar --> Literature -->> Chinese Language and Culture?

Thanks a lot.

Who has experience with submitting photocopies of English documents? I have a degree from a British uni, but since I don't live in the UK anymore, having it notarized is quite difficult. Is there anyone from UK who had to submit photocopies of your degree? What did you do to have it somehow approved?

• New Members

Hello,

Thank you for creating this forum.

I am applying to Tsinghua University for a Master program. I was wondering if someone could answer some of my questions?

1. The online master application system asks to upload CSC form to their system for them to process. Does that mean I should apply through them, and not through my local Chinese Embassy? If I should apply through the university, should I supply them with the completed CSC application form at the time I submit my master application? Should I wait until I get, potentially, an admit?

2. The application asks for two letters of recommendation. I have heard and read that the Scholarship authority requires letters of recommendation from at least associate professors. My recommendation letters are from an Assistant Professor and a Senior Research Scientist, both ranks, which are lower than Associate Professor. Are my recommendation letters acceptable? If yes, would the lower rank of my recommenders significantly lower the competitivity of my application? Also, am I allowed to submit the same letters for the scholarship as for the master program itself?

3. Could you point me to resources on how to structure and write my Study Plan? Is there a set of instructions I need to follow?

4. What does 'Notarized Copy' for transcript and certificate mean? Is it just a document with official stamp and signature from my university?

5. Is it recommended that I supply a Physical Examination Record for Foreigner? Where can I find a template for this document?

6. Are there any 'other documents' that you would recommend submitting? i.e. GRE scores etc.

Thank you for any help!

• New Members

@dgb328 Hello! I am applying to Tsinghua as well, for a master's in Chinese history. What program are you planning on applying to?

1 hour ago, dgb328 said:

1. The online master application system asks to upload CSC form to their system for them to process. Does that mean I should apply through them, and not through my local Chinese Embassy? If I should apply through the university, should I supply them with the completed CSC application form at the time I submit my master application? Should I wait until I get, potentially, an admit?

First, there are two programs that you can apply to - the Bilateral Program and the Chinese University Program. The Bilateral Program requires that you apply directly to your local Chinese embassy (or possibly consulate). The Chinese University Program require you apply directly to the university.

Not sure about letter of recommendations, although one of my recommenders is an associate professor, so I hope its okay.

1 hour ago, dgb328 said:

3. Could you point me to resources on how to structure and write my Study Plan? Is there a set of instructions I need to follow?

This is from Tsinghua's international/HK Taiwan student center:

6、个人陈述、推荐信有具体的格式、字数和内容要求吗?
答:个人陈述没有具体的格式和字数要求,内容可以写你自己本人的经历介绍以及对所申请专业的兴趣、认识和学习规划等内容。推荐信也没有具体的格式和字数要求,是由推荐人写一封对被推荐者的了解以及评价的信,并签署推荐人姓名和联系方式。

I wrote my personal statement about classes and research I've done in history and my purpose of applying for a Tsinghua masters.

1 hour ago, dgb328 said:

4. What does 'Notarized Copy' for transcript and certificate mean? Is it just a document with official stamp and signature from my university?

Check if your university has a notary public. You might try a google search.

1 hour ago, dgb328 said:

5. Is it recommended that I supply a Physical Examination Record for Foreigner? Where can I find a template for this document?

I believe this is required. I'll be having a physician fill out this form https://www.visaforchina.org/MEL_EN/upload/Attach/mrbj/275119.pdf

1 hour ago, dgb328 said:

6. Are there any 'other documents' that you would recommend submitting? i.e. GRE scores etc.

1 hour ago, dgb328 said:

I imagine if you have high GRE scores that submitting them wouldn't hurt.

@NIKITA13

First dispatching authorities could be the embasssy of PR China in your country, your country's embassy in China, a Chinese University or other affiliated academic institutrions such as DAAD in Germany

Yes, some dispatching authorities require you to mail hard copies immediately you are done with online application while some will require you to mail them after you have been recommended to the CSC.

The right mailing address will be the address of your dispatching authority because CSC does ot receive applications from individuals

@pturskis

Once you have the originals of the document, you can do the notarisation anywhere you are. Just locate a public notary lawyer. Present the originals and the photocopies, the lawyer uses an engraving stamp on the photocopy, signs and dates. I know several schools that have accepted such and the individuals were awarded scholarships based on those documents

On 2/19/2017 at 6:07 AM, Eternon said:

Hello.
I would like to ask an information.
As a prospective "Chinese Language and Culture" candidate, what I need to select during the registration on the website in the field of Major/study? There is no "non-degree" but only bachelor, master etc. and in the field of study there is no "Chinese Language and Culture".

Is there someone that can help me? Do I need to select General Scholar --> Literature -->> Chinese Language and Culture?

Thanks a lot.

I am not exactly sure because the application platform changed this year. However, I think that since what you are applying for does not fit any of the degree courses, you could make a decision by eliminating what you know it is not and select what is left. However, the best shot is to find a document from your dispatching authority that describes the process or contact the dispatching authority for direction.

On 2/14/2017 at 5:08 AM, Olivia1994 said:

Hi guys,

Since students can apply for CSC Scholarship through embassy and university, I was wondering whether it's okay to apply to same university, same major, same period, with different account?

I'm afraid they will count the application as double, thus makes it invalid.

It'd be great if someone can help me out.

Thank you.

@ Olivia 1994

It will not be considered as double registration because it is allowed to apply through both ways and one could even apply through more than one University. At the end of the day, if the University and the embassy recommend you, CSC will award you one scholarship to study in the University that recommended you. In the CSC FAQ page, it is clearly written that one could apply through more than one dispatching authority (like more than one university).

Edited by ELIJAH

On 2/16/2017 at 4:04 AM, annnannanan said:

Hi, i am facing some problems during my application, can you help me??

First of all, I would like to know, if i am applying for CGS through university should I write two separate statements--- 1. for university 2. for CGS application?? or one statement should be sent for the both of them?

Secondly, I want to apply to Shandong university, but i cannot understand this----

) If you apply for the Chinese government scholarships, please enter the site http://www.csc.edu.cn/ and apply for the scholarship by reference to the application instructions within the time limits. After application, please re-apply on http://www.apply.sdu.edu.cn/, or you will not be admitted.

and photos------ Does this mean that at first i should register in CGS application and after submitting it, i should start my Shandong university application???

please help me, i just cannot handle this

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 3.58.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 4.01.26 PM.png

You don't need to write two separate statements to apply for CGS through a University. You are sending your documents to the University not CSC.

Yes, you first apply on CSC platform then you apply on the school's online application platform. The later part of your question is not clear to be answered. You may ask exactly what you need to know

• Like 1

• New Members

Hello there!

I've got a question...I would like to apply for the CGS - Chinese University Program (Master's program) in two different universities but once entered my personal account I can apply just for one. Do I need to create two different user accounts? Can two accounts with the same personal data compromised or annul the applications? 

Maybe it's just a silly matter but I'll be gratefull if someone could reassure me.

Thanks so much

• New Members

Hello there!

I've got a question...I would like to apply for the CGS - Chinese University Program (Master's program) in two different universities but once entered my personal account I can apply just for one. Do I need to create two different user accounts? Can two accounts with the same personal data compromised or annul the applications? 

Maybe it's just a silly matter but I'll be gratefull if someone could reassure me.

Thanks so much

• New Members
1 hour ago, sufei said:

Hi guys, just doing my csc online application and wondering what program category means? I need to pick A, B or C but can't find what they relate to. Thanks in advance. 

Here http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/noticeen.html  I found this:

Program Category’ and ‘Agency Number’ are mandatory for the online application in CGS Information System. ‘Program Category’ and ‘Agency Number’ are related, which can be defined as follows:
● Program Category Type A generally refers to scholarship programs responsible by authorities other than Chinese universities. Applicants of Type A programs are requested to fill in the ‘Agency Number’ of above mentioned agencies (e.g. Chinese Embassy in your country). Applications of Type A will be reviewed by these agencies.
● Program Category Type B generally refers to scholarship programs responsible by Chinese universities under CGS-Chinese University Program. Applicants of Type B programs are requested to fill in the ‘Agency Number’ of above mentioned universities. Applications of Type B will be reviewed by these universities.
● Program Category Type C generally refers to certain appraisal scholarship programs. Applicants of Type C programs will be informed by CSC of the ‘Agency Number’ in special notices.
The above classifications are for references only. Before starting the online application, applicants should confirm the correct ‘Program Category’ and ‘Agency Number’ from the responsible agencies. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ELIJAH said:

You don't need to write two separate statements to apply for CGS through a University. You are sending your documents to the University not CSC.

Yes, you first apply on CSC platform then you apply on the school's online application platform. The later part of your question is not clear to be answered. You may ask exactly what you need to know

Elijah, I wanted to make sure that I should first submit my application in CGS and afterwards in university website, yeah??

And if i want to apply to the second university through CGS- University program, should i apply from the same account or should i open new account?

17 hours ago, pturskis said:

That is the problem. I cannot! I visited notary office today, and they said the documents need to have apostles to be notarized. However, getting them is expensive and quite difficult.

Sorry, I hope you find a way around it. In the past, I had heard of applicants that submitted without notarisation and still got the scholarship. If you read some old threads, you may still find it. However, I do not advise that you do the same. It may work for dispatching authority but not for another.  You could also try the Chinese embassy in the country where you are. Sometimes they offer notarisation services but I don't know if they will ask for the same things that the notarisation office asked for.

17 hours ago, annnannanan said:

Elijah, I wanted to make sure that I should first submit my application in CGS and afterwards in university website, yeah??

And if i want to apply to the second university through CGS- University program, should i apply from the same account or should i open new account?

1. Yes again to the first question, CGS online application submission first and then apply on University website also

2. You must open a new account because if you don't, it will cancel the first application. Good luck

19 minutes ago, ELIJAH said:

1. Yes again to the first question, CGS online application submission first and then apply on University website also

2. You must open a new account because if you don't, it will cancel the first application. Good luck

Thank you, a lot!

9 hours ago, sufei said:

Hi guys, just doing my csc online application and wondering what program category means? I need to pick A, B or C but can't find what they relate to. Thanks in advance. 

This depends on the scholarship, for the Marine Scholarship of China, choose B. For others, you should check.

Read IdaCord's post above and ask the embassy or university where you are applying to confirm in case you are not sure.