Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

7 hours ago, pturskis said:

That is the problem. I cannot! I visited notary office today, and they said the documents need to have apostles to be notarized. However, getting them is expensive and quite difficult.

It used to be enough to get your copies notarized by a notary public. However, there might be some changes this year and I am waiting to hear from the embassy. 

On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 5:02 AM, TylerB said:

Hello,

Does anyone happen to have any information on the embassy application for US citizens? Application deadlines would be particularly helpful. All the information concerning CSC scholarships has been deleted from the US Chinese embassy's website.

Thanks!

From what I have heard, there are quite a few different consulates and other diplomatic representative offices in the US. I am not sure if there are any regional restrictions (if this is true: you can apply at only one embassy or consulate in the US) or you can apply anywhere in the US. In the second case, US citizens are lucky because they need one diplomatic office to recommend them and there are enough of them. 

I only know the official WeChat account of chinaconsulate_ny 

11 hours ago, TylerB said:

@dgb328

I wrote my personal statement about classes and research I've done in history and my purpose of applying for a Tsinghua masters

Is 清华 the best place to study history? 

Have you found a research area you are interested in? You do not want to make the mistake where you choose a good school, but do the kind of research where a different school is a better fit. 

Hi, I'm applying for CSC university program (and CIS) for MTCSOL in September. My preferred schools are: East China Normal Uni, Sun Yat Sen Uni and Xiamen Uni.
Got a few doubts here:
1. I'll be studying at my previous uni in Jiangsu for 1 semester (march-august), do I still need to submit the foreigners physical exam (more than 6 months from Sept), even if I'm already in China with a residence permit?
2. Any universities for MTCSOL which gives pre-admission letters without award letter? Because I don't think I stand a chance for CSC via local ministry of edu (too corrupt here), I might only get a slim chance with a pre-admission (without prior award letter) but deadline just got announced as 6th March (super early this year). I saw in threads and websites that neither SYSU nor Xiamen give pre-admission without award, don't know about ECNU and time is tight.
3. So university program is my next best bet (after CIS). Is it relevant to apply multiple times via different university agencies with separate CSC accounts just to be on the safe side? Or do I apply only once and just write my 2 other preferred schools which will be considered if first one rejects me?
4. 经过公证的最高学历证明 which I presume is the graduation certificate or is it both graduation and bachelor certificate?I got both notarized by an official Chinese public notary and approved by both diplomatic affairs of China and Embassy of Mauritius in Beijing (regulations for Mauritian grads back then, really troublesome and expensive to get) but I presume a regular local notarized copy will do, I'd rather send that, wouldn't you?
5. Do all copies need to be notarized? Even HSK? What if I can get the school's red stamp instead?
Any other piece of advice? Can anyone shed some light to this?

15 hours ago, IdaCord said:

Hello there!

I've got a question...I would like to apply for the CGS - Chinese University Program (Master's program) in two different universities but once entered my personal account I can apply just for one. Do I need to create two different user accounts? Can two accounts with the same personal data compromised or annul the applications? 

Maybe it's just a silly matter but I'll be gratefull if someone could reassure me.

Thanks so much

I think how it works is that you submit an application for each program you want to apply to (like in your case applying in two different universities so two applications) but only one application will be awarded a scholarship offer.

Good luck!

• New Members
1 minute ago, LinZhenPu said:

I think how it works is that you submit an application for each program you want to apply to (like in your case applying in two different universities so two applications) but only one application will be awarded a scholarship offer.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot! ;)

11 hours ago, Angelina said:

On 2/19/2017 at 5:02 AM, TylerB said:

Hello,

Does anyone happen to have any information on the embassy application for US citizens? Application deadlines would be particularly helpful. All the information concerning CSC scholarships has been deleted from the US Chinese embassy's website.

Thanks!

Deadline is probably April 1st. I applied for the scholarship in two separate years (2014 and 2016) and both times the deadline was the same. 

just a note: I don't think the NY office handles the applications, I'm from NY but sent my scholarship materials the the DC office and recommend you do the same.Good luck and start on your application now, you don't have much time. 

Hi!

I have a question about the notarized translation of my diploma. 

This is what the application call for the EU Window program says:

Notarized highest diploma (photocopy): Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languagesother than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.

Should I send the original notarized translation + one photocopy or can I send two photocopies of the notarized translation? 

I spent 91€ for this translation... which is a lot! So I would prefer to keep the original with me (considering that these documents will not be returned).

Thanks!

• New Members
On 20/2/2017 at 4:20 PM, ELIJAH said:
On 19/2/2017 at 3:07 PM, Eternon said:

Hello.
I would like to ask an information.
As a prospective "Chinese Language and Culture" candidate, what I need to select during the registration on the website in the field of Major/study? There is no "non-degree" but only bachelor, master etc. and in the field of study there is no "Chinese Language and Culture".

Is there someone that can help me? Do I need to select General Scholar --> Literature -->> Chinese Language and Culture?

Thanks a lot.

I am not exactly sure because the application platform changed this year. However, I think that since what you are applying for does not fit any of the degree courses, you could make a decision by eliminating what you know it is not and select what is left. However, the best shot is to find a document from your dispatching authority that describes the process or contact the dispatching authority for direction.

Thank you very much for your answer.
Unfortunately, there is no such document. Moreover, I contacted the dispatching authority but I didn't receive response.

Is there anyone else who is doing a non-degree application and know exactly what to select in the fields of student/discipline/major in the online application?

Thanks a lot.

@Ele176

A copy of the notarized copy does not have the same level of authenticity as the original document or the notarized copy of the original document. In other words, a copy of the notarized copy is as valid as a plain copy of the original document. If I were you, I would send 2 notarized copies. If that's not possible, I would definitely send at least one.

By the way, I remember you applied last year with me, right? :)

And one more question for the rest of you, when you got your documents notarized, your stamps and signatures from the notary public were in your local language, right? Mine are in Lithuanian, is that alright? As far as I'm concerned, the language of the stamp doesn't change the validity of the document.

Hi guys, my name is Jabri and I from Malaysia. I've just graduated last year on October and now looking for an opportunity to continue my studies in China.
My questions is, since I already have an Engineering Degree, am I still eligible to apply for Chinese Government Scholarships for another Degree programs?
Is there any people out there who've gone through such process?
After thinking thoroughly, I've got few choices in my mind, that is I decided to continue my study on International relations[1st option], tourism management[2nd option] or Japanese Language[3rd option]. 
My friends suggested me to continue Master in one of the fields above with the reasons there is a higher percentage for me to get the scholarships, since there are more quota provided for Masters and PhD students and also to the fact that I've an Engineering Degree, thus, the Chinese scholarship council might give opportunity to another candidates. 

• New Members

Hi, I'm applying from EUwindow, and I had a problem during the online application. I believe many people here are applying for type A non-degree Chinese language study, but the options the system offers does not include non-degree one, so which one I should choose?

Screenshot.png

On Notarization

You need to submit two sets of application documents. Your application will go through different institutions. As you know the CSC does not accept applications from individuals, you have to be nominated by an embassy/consulate or a university. You need to submit two sets so that one set stays at one office and the second set stays at some other office. Whatever you submit, you submit two of them, identical. 

Only documents in English or Chinese are accepted. If any of your documents is written in a language other than these two languages, this should be translated by a sworn translator. I think that it is fine to have some papers in English, others in Chinese. You would make things easier for admissions if most of this is in one language. If you need a translator, you should find one sworn translator with a stamp and then have all of your non-English/non-Chinese documents translated by the same person. It would make the review process go faster if your application is more English or more Chinese though. What you should not do is to leave something in a language other than English or Chinese untranslated. You should ask the translator to give you two sets of all of your documents. 

No matter the outcome, you will never see your application documents again. If there is something you do not want to send in original, you should make copies. These copies should be notarized. You can get your copies notarized either at a public notary office or at an embassy/consulate. Someone who is working in China told me that they are now asking her to have her university degree notarized at the Chinese Embassy. She went there and was told that the Embassy does not know about such requirements because these are made by immigration. However, the Embassy offers notarization services. This is for working in China and is new. For scholarships, I think maybe getting your copies notarized at the Chinese Embassy is safer than a public notary office. It depends on the fees they charge. I can't say that your copies must be notarized at an embassy, but if you want to be safe and there is not much difference when it comes to fees or distance, it is better to get your copies notarized at a Chinese embassy. 

How does this work:

You have one bachelor's degree. You have only one degree and it is in a language that is neither Chinese nor English. You find a sworn translator with a stamp. I think it is easier to find one to translate it into English because there are more qualified translators, but if you can, you can get someone to translate your degree in Chinese. You ask the translator to give you two sets. Two original printed translations of your degree, with the stamp of the translator. Also, you might get a separate piece of paper with information about the translator, this depends on the county, maybe this information is stamped onto the translation, maybe it is a separate piece of paper in addition to the stamp. If there is such a piece of paper, you ask for two of them. This should be written in either Chinese or English. 

How to make a copy? Your first choice should be the Chinese embassy/consulate in your country. If it is not too far from where you are and if their fees are not much higher than a notary pubic, go to the embassy. Get two notarized copies of your degree. 

In the end, you submit: two certified copies and two certified translations of your degree. Repeat this for all of your application documents. 

If you have paid a lot of money for the translation, ask the translator to give you three or four original sets. There is no need to make copies of the transition. If you make copies the copies must be notarized, you would be paying double. If you have already got your documents translated, call them back and tell them that you need to have all of your papers in duplicate. They might keep the original file and easily print it again and stamp it. Do not make any copies of the transition. Simply get two (or more if you want to keep one) sets from the sworn translator. 

After you submit your online application, print it out, again, print two sets of your application form. 

@LanceGonza 

@Ele176

@Rytis95

@keshuai, to reply to posts you need to use the reply box at the bottom of the page - you've been sending in post reports, which only get seen by admin. If you want to quote someone, select some text from their post and use the 'quote this' button that appears.