Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

@Grace1710 I applied for Master degree and last week I received an email from them, they were saying I was selected and they will mail me admission package. What about you? Where did you hear about posting results in the end of July?

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

Thought I'd give an update that others may find useful.

I just received an email from Dalian University of Technology that I am being offered the CGS for a Masters Program. I applied independently to both the University and the CSC, I didn't go through an embassy. DUT said I would receive the official email later this week. I also applied to Zhejiang University and Sichuan University.

THIS PART MAY BE HELPFUL FOR OTHERS: My status on CSC website portal is "SUBMITTED" for DUT  but on Sichuan University and Zhejiang it reads "IN PROGRESS". Even though they say "IN PROGRESS", DUT was actually the first to reply and say I was awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship. I have even already received a acceptance email from Sichuan University but no follow up about the CGS. So hopefully this boosts peoples' spirits if their CSC application portal still says "SUBMITTED". 

Also, my HSK 4 TEST Score has expired so they say I will have to take preparatory Chinese language classes before I begin my major unless I retake the test by September 1st.  Does anyone know if the Chinese Government Scholarship - University Program covers the tuition for the preparatory classes? 

THX

Erich

• Like 2

@igoeth so that list you posted isn't the complete one? I'm American, and my name isn't on that list (nor did Ms. Chen, our liaison email me that list, first time seeing that). And it seems as though most people are just doing language study, I applied for a master's program...When did you receive this email? And were you made aware when the complete list would be made public? Because I am sitting on egg shells right now. 

American and not on the list either. But that list confuses me - most of those people are self-funding, aka, not being given a scholarship. 

Additionally, would this just cover those that applied through the Embassy in D.C. Or also the people who applied through the NYC consulate as well? And why is there a "partial" list anyhow?

American and not on the list either. But that list confuses me - why are they starting so late? Years later.

Additionally, would this just cover those that applied through the Embassy in D.C. Or also the people who applied through the NYC consulate as well? And why is there a "partial" list anyhow?

@artfullounger The headers clearly indicate "estimated time of departure" and "international travel fees". I'm not sure why it's a partial list though, perhaps they are waiting to announce the second round of successful applicants. I know the EU Window program works the same way. 

Hi,

I have been nominated by two universities for csc and for both universities my csc application status is "in progress". I want to select one university and withdraw my application from other university but the option is not available now. can you please tell me what do i do know??

looking forward to hear your answers.

thanks

1 minute ago, Tarek90 said:

Who's going to maintain ELIJAH's list this year? I guess we've got two confirmed CSC scholarship recipients in this forum.

1. Danteveli

2. Erich

I also got the scholarship :) Got an email from Tsinghua saying so just now. I applied through EU Window.

One thing that I haven't figured out yet is the accommodation. In the email, it says that the University has already reserved a room for me. However, it does not specify whether it's a single or a double room. When I asked them a few weeks ago, one person said that I'll get a double room and another said that I'll get a single room. Anyone knows where can I check what I got in the end? Thanks. 

• Like 1

@PeacellvesZhongguo This is the exact wording of the first paragraph:

"Dear Scholarship winners,

I just got part of the results of this year’s Chinese Government Scholarship from China Scholarship Council (CSC). Congratulations to you for winning the 2017/18 Chinese Government Scholarship."

So, it does appear that it is only partial. I received the email this morning, 7/13. About half of these are for Chinese language, and the others for masters and bachelors. Were you on the original email chain when Ms. Chen asked for your shipping address? In that email there were about 60 names on the chain.

@artfullounger There were 36 names on the list, and all of them are full scholarship recipients. I don't know when the rest of the list will be released, but I would assume that the NYC office will have their own list.