Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

what is the process to applying for scholarship from united states? i am actually from united states currently studying in china but i was wondering what exactly is the process because when i applied i applied straight from internet to csc website and the university i wanted to go to, however right now i am having family problems and i might have to go back home and re apply in february but i would like to know what is the exact process? can anyone help me with this issue??

2 hours ago, samrat said:

rocess to applying for scholarship from united states? i am actually from united states currently studying in china but i was wondering what exactly is the process because when i applied i applied straight from internet to csc website and the university i wanted to go to, however right now i am having family problems and i might have to go back home and re apply in february but i would like to know what is the exact process? can anyone help me with this issue??

I would suggest you send an email to the responsible department of the consulate back in the States if you intended to apply for the bilateral programme. There will surely be help on your way.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am an exchange student in China for 2017-2018. My university want to give me the 中欧奖学金项目 scholarship. I need to apply on the CSC website cat B.  If I accept this scholarship do you think I will be able to apply to "Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program" in March 2018 for a master degree ? I know it's not a problem if have 1 years between the two scholarships but I don't remember if without the 1 year break it's ok.

Thanks 

• 5 weeks later...
  • New Members

Hi everyone,

I'm applying for exchange funding through the Canada Learning Initiative in China (CLIC), and I'd like to post here to let future students know about my experience with the process.

This past January, I applied for exchange through UBC's Go Global office, and was conditionally accepted to attend Tsinghua University in Beijing for a Split Year (from February, when their Spring Term starts, until the end of December/January). I received a letter of acceptance from UBC (attached), which I used for the "Recommendation letter" required (note: the actual CSC application online asks for 2 - I only submitted this one). As well, for the "Certificate of Highest Education (Notarized Copy)" and "Transcripts of Highest Education (Notarized Copy)", I e-mailed a CLIC coordinator and was told that official copies of these documents from the university would suffice - I didn't get them notarized at a notary public.

At this point, I have not yet applied to Tsinghua (applications should be opening next week). I will post updates about the process as I go.

Letter of Rec - online.PNG

• Helpful 1

Hello everyone! I am applying for the CGS EU Window and it seems like the en.csc.edu.cn site is down and I've run out of places to go. If you would like, please answer some of my questions:

• If I take my bacalaureate in june, will it have any impact on my admission? Are school grades taken in account?

• How hard is it to apply to a university like Tsinghua, Peking or Beihang( I am looking to apply for an automation program)? How do I get a pre-admission letter?

• What should I know about the chinese prep classes? Do I need to have IELTS to enroll?

• Do foreign students get placed alone in rooms?

Thank you in advance if you decide to answer any of these questions!

Hi everyone.. long time not read this post again. I'm in China now. I think it almost 2 months i stay here. I have preparation class at Beijing international studies univ(BISU) n next year if i pass the examination from CSC i will move to Tianjin univ. For those who wants to apply next year 加油 Do your best. 

Hi @VL02, good to hear that! I hope you're settling in well and are enjoying China. If you have time, perhaps you could post in the BISU topic about your experience there. Apparently there are more people who go there for a one-year preparation course? It could be really useful for them to hear more from someone doing that.

And we also have a topic about Tianjin University, which will perhaps be useful when you go there next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• New Members

Hello! Can i apply to CSC from Turkey? Couldn't find any info on website of the chinese embassy. Is Turkey part of BILATERAL PROGRAM (http://www.csc.edu.cn/Studyinchina/scholarshipdetailen.aspx?cid=97&id=3157) or is there any way i could get a scholarship for undergraduate studies in China? I'd also like to learn Chinese. Is there any way i can get a fully funded undergraduate + language course scholarship like CSC?

Thanks!

@Melda Orcan As far as I know CSC minimum duration for the scholarship is one year. You may try different university scholarships

Hello Good evening guys,

I am an existing CSC student and I will graduate in July 2018. I want to apply for the Ph.D. CSC scholarship same year 2018 in a different university. I can get the letter from my university that I am an existing CSC student and I will get my degree in July.

My questions are,

1) Is there any such rule that existing CSC student cannot get the scholarship same year? Suppose, we assume University doesn't have any objections.

2) I am looking at some university websites that I want to apply and it says "Applicants must not be students in Chinese universities at the time of application" So I assume that university won't accept me but what if I get the acceptance letter from the university? Do they ever consider taking even if they have mentioned it on their website?

3) If university CSC criteria and eligibility don't mention about "Applicants must not be students in Chinese universities at the time of application" then I assume that university has no objection to take me?

4) Are there any other Ph.D. scholarships which are suitable in my situation?

Thank you guys.

• Good question! 1

• 2 weeks later...

@samrat

If you're currently in China and want to apply for CSC, you need certain documents notarized and mailed to the embassy along with completing your online application (ie. high school or undergrad diploma, transcripts etc) which I doubt you have with you. I recommend if someone from home can't do it for you that you have to fly back and get that done. You also need to submit a health check from home so yeah you have to come home. Unless you do it in China and submit it with your application somehow then its possible (for i had friends do it) but may be easier if you come home and do it yourself. Good luck..

Hello everyone,

I am intending to apply for CSC next year directly to university and i have some concerns regarding application documents.

As far as I know, we will have to send 02 sets of documents to school, I find no problems with other documents, except Letters of Recommendation.

Do I need to ask my recommenders to send two copies of their letters? And since we have to upload (and merge two letters of two seperate recommenders) online, how can we keep them enveloped and sealed along the way?

And one more question, do you guys normally contact with university before the online application process to get input such as Agency code, Discipline code and stuff?

Sorry if my questions are redundant but I really am lost with this.