Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

@Jabri

When I applied, I used scanned recommendation letters. However, it depends on what your dispatching authority stipulates. Some insist on original recommendation letters, some even demand that it should be sealed

• Like 4

• New Members

The result of my HSK exam were just posted. The problem is that i will receive the certificate after the scholarship deadline. I was thinking of attaching my addmision ticket and a printscreen of my scores. Will that be ok?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 1203am said:

The result of my HSK exam were just posted. The problem is that i will receive the certificate after the scholarship deadline. I was thinking of attaching my addmision ticket and a printscreen of my scores. Will that be ok?

This is a good question. 

Hello Guys, please answer if you know

Is here anyone who has applied for Shanghai JiaoTong University?

Have you registered on their website and payed the application fee? 

I just need to know whether it requires to print out the application as paper and sending to their campus. 

Thank you.

@1203am

Good idea. Attach your admission ticket. There is a code and by thid code they will find your HsK certificate on the official website of HsK.

• Like 2

• New Members

Hi,

I´m just about to apply for the LLM in chinese law at Peking University and I need to send a hardcopy of the application documents to the university. According to the website the address is 

Mailing Address:

Office of the LL.M. Program in Chinese Law

Room107, Peking University Law School

Beijing, 100871

People’s Republic of China

But now I realized it is not the full address because it doesn´t says the street name or number. Does someone know the full address? I also need this address in chinese.

Thanks for your help.

• New Members

Hi there, I am from Germany and I want to apply for the EU-Scholarship.

Three questions:

1. My university can give me the required documents in English. So I can hand in original, stamped university documents in english. Will it be still necessary to do any form of notarisation? (because I am reading here about people from the UK dealing with notarisation) Because in the requirements of the scholarship it reads "  Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations."

2. I will recieve my degree later this year, so all I can hand in is a university confirmation document that I will recieve my degree in November of this year. Therefore I cannot hand in a photocopy. Will that pose a problem (I am only applying for language studies)? 

3. From what I heard the physical examination form will only be valid for 6 months. That means if I get it now to make a copy and hand it in by the time I will actually go to China it will be barely valid or maybe not even valid anymore. ELIJAH wrote: "

If you have the Physicals ready at the time of filling,  upload it alongside other required documents. However, is not mandatory if you don't have it ready at the moment but before you come to China, you should have it ready and come with the original copy"

Does that mean I actually don't have to present the document now but can also do it later once I actually get awarded the scholarship?

• Like 1

@Shrimpus I've been thinking to ask the same first question too, anyhow, I would still go through the notarization process tomorrow, don't have much time to decide anymore since I need to post all the documents required by this week to the Chinese embassy in my country before 23rd March.

• New Members

Hi, 

I want to apply for a year long Chinese language programme but I'm not sure what language the study plan should be written in and how long should it be.

Any help would be much appreciated.

@Ben Baker referring to the Chinese embassy in my country, it's okay to write it in English. The most important thing is you need to really express your interest on China, their language, and culture. You have to prove your interest

• Like 1

6 hours ago, karakorum said:

A master student will never be forbidden to live off campus right?

Depends on the university. At Zhejiang, students are allowed to live off campus. A master's student under the Chinese Government Scholarship can get 700 RMB every month instead of the free accommodation on campus offer they don't want. 

A PhD student will get 1000 RMB a month should they choose to live of campus. 

• New Members

Hey,

The system only lets me upload one recommendation letter. After I upload the first one, the 'Upload' button becomes grayed-out. As a result, I cannot add a second one. Do you guys face the same problem? Do you upload the recommendation letter to 'additional documents' instead?

@vabbian

It depends. If you apply through the University you may get the results before July. Going the Embassy route usually takes more time. Also if you keep contact with people in ISO  from your desired University you may get info about admissions earlier than the rest. Just be prepared for doing everything at the last minute.  My record was doing everything  2 weeks before the term started.

• New Members

Hey. I want to apply to study a Master's in China, but I also want one year of Chinese language before that. How do I write this on the website. I don't see any column for that. Do I have to include the language year in the duration of the major?