Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

• New Members

Hello all,

what is it with the recommendation letters? I'd like to apply for language study, which annex1 says: "It is not compulsory for language and bachelor applicants." Yet I can't finish and send my online application, because I have to upload recommendation letter. It says it is mandatory. I am really lost with this. :(

Reading to ship everything! I just have to make a decision on which uni I should apply too, and whether I want to do a program in english or 1 year of chinese + program in chinese.

I don't assume it is possible to request a year of chinese, and then do a master in english?

cheers

Edit: I also wonder if it is be a bad idea to insert a recommandation letter from a Taiwanese professor (in english). I have never been to the mainland and I have no idea if this would hurt my chances or the opposite

Edited by karakorum

• New Members

Webpage is a bit buggy. The thing is if you withdraw to edit your application, the supporting documents mandatory status will change, regardless of your application. I clicked of Masters degree and saved, then selected general scholarship again. And now i could submit my application. It seems we have to beta test this new site. :D Anyways It is a neat website. :D

Do we really need a notarized copy of the transcript academic ? I thought this is only for degree certificate and as I know, if your certificate and transcript academic is in English, don't need a notarization. Anyone clear on this ?  

notarized copy.png

• New Members

I decided to not do it, seems silly to take an original document and copy it JUST so you can notarize it. In my book handing in original  (english) documents directly should be superior to a copy in any way.

Is it possible to ask the school to give you a pre-admission letter before you did the interview? I passed the department review of SJTU and only have to do the interview and math test.

My home university and the Chinese embassy requested me (on a short notice) to hand in a pre-admission letter for my csc scholarship before the 31th of March. I emailed the university and explained everything but she just ignored my situation and gave me a interview date + math test on the 28th -_- which will be probably too late. Further emails were ignored...

I am worried that my university will withdraw my scholarship because of this issue

@sindy123

SJTU will not give you a pre-admission letter unless you pass their interview and test. Note that this is unless not until. 

What you can do is:

a) ask SJTU to give you an earlier date;

b) tell them that your scholarship will be given to you be an external funding body (not SJTU) and that you need to apply there before March 31, with a letter of pre-admission. You can ask SJTU to issue this pre-admission letter by March 30. They should guarantee, maybe write a formal letter to confirm this, that if your interview and test are successful, your pre-admission letter will be sent to you by electronic mail by March 30 2017.

Angelina 

• Like 1

I have one more question, perhaps someone is in the know - is this Award Letter for Scholarship Candidate a necessary thing? I see it is a recent addition in the bilateral programme application this year. I sent an email to embassy in my country asking to send me that thing, but there is no reply and the deadline is approaching...

Would it be ok to send it to them without obtaining that thing beforehand?

• New Members

Hey,

I want to apply to a CGS through a EU Window programme, but there are couple of things that I don't really understand:

To apply to a general scholar I have to find first a university that holds a 1 or 2 year long chinese course taught in english, right? Because on this website I don't see programs like that, so I am a little confused. Is there a place that lists all universities being suitable for applying to general scholar?

Can I apply for a  2 year general scholar programme but not study language itself but start a degree (let's say in Agriculture) and never finish it? Or is it that if I want to apply for a general scholar I HAVE TO pursue a chinese learning course?

Thanks in advance for all replies!

@Jabri

You have to notarise the transcript and the degree certificate even though they are in English. Notarisation serves the purpose of a kind of witness that someone else has seen your original documents. Without notarising, some agencies will not attend to your application but I am aware that some people have got the scholarship without notarising.

• Like 2

My application is on its way to my embassy. Finally it's not in my hands anymore, I can stop turning for hours in my bed while weighing the pro and cons of every city and university.. lol

This forum was really a great source of information, I read most of the CSC,university, Life and Study forums, I learned a lot.

It is now time for me to go into hibernation..  Good luck everyone

• Like 2

Guys, please help.

I applied for university program at Shanghai Jiao Tong. I did everything according to their instructions (CSC application, Shanghai Jiao Tong application), but they didn't say anything beyond online application. When I contacted them about the address to send the papers by mail, I got a super weird response

We do not accept any hard copies from applicant. If you have applied CSC scholarship at CSC website, we will contact with CSC to get the result. Otherwise, if you have not apply scholarship at CSC website, we will apply CSC scholarship for you if you are outstanding among applicants.

So I don't get it, do I not send the documents at all? Thank you!

Hello everyone,

Just mailed off my application yesterday. Seems like there are a lot of people applying to Shanghai Jiao Tong University. (Me included).

For SJTU, I got an 意向函 (Conditional Letter of Acceptance) from a professor and applied. I have been told that I will have an interview in late March or early April. I also applied to both the SGS (Shanghai Government Scholarship) and the CSC using the 00006 agency code for the EU mission to China.

I'm from EU and just mailed off my package to the Belgian PR China mission (I am in Scandinavia, though). I also wrote my study plan in Chinese (not that I think it's important).

For other people asking about HSK like @1203am, I too just did a screenshot of my score report page. I took the HSK6 in January and got the result in February, though I still haven't gotten that darn report. I e-mailed the China Mission EU e-mail about this too, like everyone else, crickets. Seems like they don't really check that e-mail much.