Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

Hello everyone!

I am applying for the bachelor program. At the moment I am preparing my academic transcripts and my question is do I need the grades from the first half of the each semester and the marks from the end of the each year or just the final grades from each year (I am attending the high school). I do not know if i have explained it properly but I hope that you will understand what I mean :) 

• Like 2

IMG_0658.thumb.PNG.f9101f786d937dd34cfe28ad7aae36ea.PNG

Pay attention to Program Category when filling up your application. I am using Type B as an example here, you might not have to select that one, just pay attention to Program Category. 

• Like 1

@Angelina

I alreay have a scholarship right now, I'm attending a one-year Chinese language course in Beijing, which is gonna end in July. I was wondering if I can apply for a second CSC scholarship starting from September. My university said it's not a problem, but I don't know what CSC says about it. Maybe I can't be granted a scholarship twice?

About the other problem, I'm not sure if I can make two registrations using the same name, but the CSC website states that it's possibile to apply for more than one program, and I think this is the only way to do it.

Now I have another doubt... I can't apply for the scholarship directly to the university, I sent an email and they told me that it's not possible, therefore I can apply for a scholarship at that university only to the EU Window program. But I'm interested also in another university, to which I can apply directly.

Do you think I can apply to the EU Window program for the first university and also apply directly for the second university? (So.. 2 applications for two different programs at two different universities). I hope I am clear, it's a bit complicated to explain haha.

Thank you for your help!

23 minutes ago, Ele176 said:

Maybe I can't be granted a scholarship twice?

Don't worry, I got the CSC scholarship two times. Granted, I had already finished my first one when I applied for the second one. Some of them, for example if the university is acting as the nominating agency, might not accept students who are studying in China under a scholarship at the time of application. This will always be written, make sure you check, as you now did. However, you can get the CSC twice, no problem. 

but the CSC website states that it's possibile to apply for more than one program

Great. Make separate applications and that's it. 

Do you think I can apply to the EU Window program for the first university and also apply directly for the second university?

Try that, but you have to talk to the second university. Also, talk to faculty, not only their admissions office. 

Ask them about scholarship opportunities, they might have more options, the CSC with university agency code is one option for funding if you apply through the university. They might offer more. 

Anyway, if you decide on university number one- EU CSC and university number two- university agency code CSC, you should make two separate online applications and then print two separate sets of application forms (once you submit your online application, you will need to print it out and put it together with the rest of your application documents). 

If you are looking for more scholarships to study in China, try the THE guide

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/student/where-to-study/study-in-china 

Select the university, then look for download resources, some have info on scholarships for international students.

@ELIJAH

Please someone asked me and I was not sure any more. I had read somewhere that there should be at least one year waiting interval before applying for CSC scholarship for a second time. Does anyone have information on this?Someone is doing an MSc degree under CSC Scholarship and wants to apply for a PhD under CSC to start exactly when the MSc ends. Does the person have to wait one year before being granted another scholarship or he can apply and possibly be taken?

Please, any idea about this will be helpful.  Can someone apply for a PhD under CSC scholarship just at the point of finishing an MSc degree under CSC or should there be at least one year before the person can apply for another scholarship under the Chinese Govt such as CSC? Someone asked me but I am not sure that what I think I know is correct. I had read somewhere, I don't remember, that there should be one year waiting. Somebody help!

Hey everyone,

I have 2 questions about China-EU Scholarships.

1. Mandarin was part of my major at uni and I had already spent a year at BLCU on partial scholarship (covered only tuition). How does this affect my current application? Realistically, what chances do i have to get EU scholarship?

2. What attachments do I need to submit with Physical Examination Form? Are photocopies of X-ray scan and blood test results are absolutely necessary? The official website is a little bit confusing and says for some diseases doctor's signature and stamp are enough. However, it does not specify what conditions.

On February 10, 2017 at 1:15 AM, OlkaN98 said:

I am applying for the bachelor program. At the moment I am preparing my academic transcripts and my question is do I need the grades from the first half of the each semester and the marks from the end of the each year or just the final grades from each year (I am attending the high school). I do not know if i have explained it properly but I hope that you will understand what I mean

You only need the final grades you got each year. Since you have not finished your last year, you can't send your final grades for the last one. 

• Like 1

On February 10, 2017 at 5:28 PM, ELIJAH said:

Please, any idea about this will be helpful.  Can someone apply for a PhD under CSC scholarship just at the point of finishing an MSc degree under CSC or should there be at least one year before the person can apply for another scholarship under the Chinese Govt such as CSC? Someone asked me but I am not sure that what I think I know is correct. I had read somewhere, I don't remember, that there should be one year waiting. Somebody help!

If anyone who is currently in China under the CSC is interested in applying for a second scholarship, the best option is to check with the university if she is applying using the agency number of the university, or to check with the embassy if she is applying through the embassy. 

You always have the requirements listed. If in doubt, call them/meet them in person. I don't think there is any official rule, it depends on the nominating agency. 

6 hours ago, pturskis said:

How does this affect my current application? Realistically, what chances do i have to get EU scholarship?

I also spent a year under the CSC at BLCU, then applied again and got it again for my master's degree. It did not decrease my chances. There was a year in-between scholarships though. For anyone who is currently studying in China, there might be some restrictions when it comes to applying again, however, this depends on the embassy or the university, you have to check with them. 

Also, for PhD studies, there are just so many funding opportunities. If you find the right research area, the right program, and the right research group/professor, I guarantee that funding is the easy part. If you find a professor willing to accept you as their graduate student, scholarships are easy to find: government scholarships, provincial government scholarships, university scholarships, many opportunities for PhD studies in China. 

6 hours ago, pturskis said:

2. What attachments do I need to submit with Physical Examination Form? Are photocopies of X-ray scan and blood test results are absolutely necessary? The official website is a little bit confusing and says for some diseases doctor's signature and stamp are enough. However, it does not specify what conditions.

You need an X-ray report, not the scan, and blood test results. 

19 hours ago, Angelina said:

I also spent a year under the CSC at BLCU, then applied again and got it again for my master's degree. It did not decrease my chances. There was a year in-between scholarships though. For anyone who is currently studying in China, there might be some restrictions when it comes to applying again, however, this depends on the embassy or the university, you have to check with them. 

Also, for PhD studies, there are just so many funding opportunities. If you find the right research area, the right program, and the right research group/professor, I guarantee that funding is the easy part. If you find a professor willing to accept you as their graduate student, scholarships are easy to find: government scholarships, provincial government scholarships, university scholarships, many opportunities for PhD studies in China.

Thanks for reply! I actually did not specify that I am not going for Postgraduate studies, but rather another year of language studying. It makes me a little bit nervous that I basically applying for the same/similar scholarship again.

P.S. Do the X-ray report and blood tests need to be in English? Do I need to translate them and get notarized?

13 hours ago, pturskis said:

rather another year of language studying

There is a preference to award scholarships to degree programs, or at least exchanges where you attend university-level courses. It is still possible to find scholarships for language studies, but there are many students interested in degree programs, especially from countries where education opportunities are not as good as opportunities in China, so this is a priority nowadays. The problem is not the fact that you have previously studied in China, you might have difficulties finding funding for a language course. Of course, you can get the scholarship, just telling you what potential problems you might face. 

14 hours ago, pturskis said:

Do I need to notarize photocopies of my degree and transcript that are in English (British uni)? Or does the notarization rule only apply to translated documents?

The application documents you submit will not be returned to you, regardless of the results. If there are any documents, for example a degree, where you do not want to send the original, you can make copies and send the copies, these copies must be notarized. 

How long did you wait for the verification email from CSC application website?

I don't remember, but final results might come out as late as July, end of July, so you have to learn how to be patient.