Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

@AmbraYes, i also applied through the embassy type A. And have status In Progress like you. I really hope it is a good sign for us to get the scholarship. 

@Jabri Do you think CSC does an assessment or sort before sending it to university? Or they just send it without checking? If the university has accepted our documents and gave an admission letter does that mean we get the scholarship?

• Like 1

Does anybody know what happens if you get awarded both the CIS and the CGS? I have heard that the CGS automatically cancels the CIS, but also that you can choose between them. I have been awarded the CIS for Shanghai U but I am still waiting on my CGS results, and for the CGS I put ECNU as first place and Shanghai U as second place.

@VL02 From what I know CSC will check again the documents that they received from the consulate before sending it to the university. It's a good step forward if the university has accepted your documents. I've read somewhere in this forum before, a guy made a call to CSC to ask regarding the criteria that is looked by CSC and the person on the phone said it's up to the consulate. So if you pass the screening process in your country, you most probably will get the scholarship. 

• Like 2

@Shawnkane You wrote previously that you had talked to someone at scs office and they said that those "in progress" will definitely get the scholarship,  but than you said that it's for B type.. Do you know anything about type "A" ... because I have  type "A" in my application.. Where can I ask for info? 

Because a friend of mine applied to 3 schools and didnt send the document to all the school. The one he sent the document to is still submitted when the school he didnt send document to is in progress. Confused