Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

@igoethyeah, I was on the email that Ms. Chen sent out months ago asking for addresses. Since there were 36 names, and most of the people were for language (21) I'm still keeping hope strong. There are 24 names left (mine included). Did you have a pre-admission letter? I was unfortunately unable to attain one from two of the universities that I had put down, but I believe that (at least through the embassy application) if your application is sent to Beijing, if none of the schools that you put down accepted you, then they place you elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Tarek90 said:

Congratulations!

It depends. I've heard that Phd students get single room and Masters students get double room. You should ask your university contact person to clarify it.

I managed to get in touch with the Reception desk and they said that Bachelor's students get a Double room, Master's students get an AB Single room and PhD students get a Single room. I have to say, that's pretty good news! Hope this helps others, who applied to Tsinghua.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing @igoeth, this information makes me nervous. I don't see anyone doing language study for 2 years. Apparently, I'm the only one applying for 2 years Chinese language programme. I think I should give a call to the consulate in my country.

• Like 1

Hi,

I have been nominated by two universities for csc and for both universities my csc application status is "in progress". I want to select one university and withdraw my application from other university but the option is not available now. can you please tell me what do i do know??

looking forward to hear your answers.

thanks

The email is as follows:

Dear applicant,

First of all, congratulate you on being admitted as a 2017 graduate student of Tsinghua University.  

As you have applied the Chinese Government Scholarship from the Chinese embassy/consulate, thus your Admission Letter and Visa Application Form will be sent by the Chinese embassy/consulate. Please be note that Tsinghua University has already reserved a room for you. You don't have to book the dormitory online.

Secondly, kindly please find attached Registration Guides. Any questions towards visa application and registration, please contact the International Students & Scholars Center of Tsinghua university at iso@tsinghua.edu.cn or http://is.tsinghua.edu.cn 

Finally, if you failed to receive the CGS scholarship, you will be considered as a self-supported student. That means all the fees for the duration of your first academic year at Tsinghua will be covered by yourself. Under this circumstance, if you are still willing to study in Tsinghua, please contact us.

Although this email does not explicitly say that I got the scholarship, it implies so and a lady from Tsinghua told me that I got the scholarship when I called Grad. Admissions Office.

I got admitted to Masters of Advanced Computing. The program is in English and I got the scholarship through the EU Window program. 

• Like 1

@igoeth haha. I just called the office and I received the scholarship. The reason my name (and the 23 others) wasn't on that list, was because we had been vetted by other organizations (Yale, Sidewalk Friends, etc) and in my case IIE (of the UN). So Ms. Chen actually forwarded ours to our respective organizations, and they're going/officially supposed to tell us in the next coming days. It seems that we all (the 60 emailed) probably got it. 

• Like 1

• New Members

Hey everyone, this is my first time posting here but I've been lurking for a few days now.

I wanted to share the news that I got my acceptance to ECNU! My letter was dated May 25. I applied through the Consulate and kind of let them handle it, so much so I didn't even know the status changed in the laihua portal :lol:

I'm trying to figure out what the next steps are but I'm really excited and wanted to share the news! Scholarships are still coming through the pipes.

• Like 1

• New Members

Dear student,

Hello, this e-mail is from the international admission office of Shanghai University of Finance and Econimics. 

We are glad to inform you that SUFE is about to enroll you as our CSC scholarship winner. However, The final list for scholarship winners will be decided by the CSC department, and later when we receive the final list, we will send the admission package for those who win the scholarship.

Therefore, we would like to collect your post address in advance. Please respond the e-mail before July 19th with:

1. Your full name and nationality;

2. Your post address, including receiver's name, telephone number, post address and post code.

Looking forward to your response and best wishes!

International Admission Office

guys anyone else received this mail from 

shanghai university of finance and economy ? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aymen said:

Flight to Chengdu booked! Where will you be studying?

yay! I will be studying at the University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (UESTC). What about you?

I want to take an off-campus accommodation but I don't know where to start.