Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

2 hours ago, Cherif said:

guys anyone else received this mail from 

shanghai university of finance and economy ? 

Hello fellow SUFE applicant. I also received it. 

I applied for masters in international business. What about you? Did they tell you anything else?

@artfullounger if I remember correctly, a few months back, the Chinese embassy sent a mass email, containing around 60 names. 36 people were independent applicants, and around the mid-20s of people had been vetted through by organizations that have a sort of relationship with the Chinese embassy's education sector. For IIE specifically, I believe that they only chose a few people to actually recommend to the Chinese embassy (and they notified who they chose via independent emails). From there, if the Chinese embassy chose you, in early April they sent in a letter to you(or the organization that you had applied through) letting you know you were a Chinese government scholar. After that, the liaison sent out that mass email alerting us all that our applications had been sent to Beijing. This all leads me to believe that if you are chosen by the embassy (only in the US, I cannot speak for other countries procedures); you are essentially guaranteed a scholarship (so if you're too three schools don't choose you, they then match you with another school that has the major you requested). So, if you don't recall every getting that email, or any emails with the liaisons, then idk. However, I'm wishing you luck. @igoeth congrats to you as well. As the great Elle Woods said in Legally Blond, "we did it!"

But that doesn't exactly make sense to me. IIE did recommend me to the NYC consulate. And I know for a fact that my first choice university received my materials from CSC. But I haven't had any emails from CSC. IIE simply informed me that they were recommending me, I was never told that I was officially a recipient. 

• New Members

Hello everybody though I know it is not so optimistic, as a CSC student I feel I have to ask this.

There are two cases that I have no idea about it:

1-) If we fail to graduate in a longer time period than it is supposed to be, and when the stipient is cut if we are not able to pay it. And if we want to quit studying, then will we have to pay back all the stipient given to us back?

2-) For some reason if I decided to stop studying after 2 years. Will I have to return the Money? 

• New Members

Hi friends, 

I am from Hungary currently living in Asia. I applied for Jiangsu University under B-Type. I just want to know.

1. If one is selected by the University under type-B, is there any chance of being refused by CSC. I heard in some discussions of this forum, that status "In progress" under CSC application systems are rarely rejected. What are ground rules for such an argument?. Do you have previous experience in that?. I am not criticizing those who answered in such a manner they are great and make members valuable information; it is just that I am very new and unfamiliar with CSC scholarships. Could you please clarify?.

2 Why CSC results are delayed this year (was it same last year? or any new selection this time?) as I heard from many friends? When are we supposed to be in China if selected?.   

Experts pls help

Cheers 

ZI

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ziadsuch said:

Why CSC results are delayed this year (was it same last year? or any new selection this time?) as I heard from many friends? When are we supposed to be in China if selected?. 

The thing is no one really knows but some say it is due to change in quotas to unis this year and also because of a supposed  move to increase stipend(not sure about it but rumour has it). For arrival you'll get all this info in admissions package, Good luck.

4 hours ago, ziadsuch said:

Hi friends, 

I am from Hungary currently living in Asia. I applied for Jiangsu University under B-Type. I just want to know.

1. If one is selected by the University under type-B, is there any chance of being refused by CSC. I heard in some discussions of this forum, that status "In progress" under CSC application systems are rarely rejected. What are ground rules for such an argument?. Do you have previous experience in that?. I am not criticizing those who answered in such a manner they are great and make members valuable information; it is just that I am very new and unfamiliar with CSC scholarships. Could you please clarify?.

2 Why CSC results are delayed this year (was it same last year? or any new selection this time?) as I heard from many friends? When are we supposed to be in China if selected?.   

Experts pls help

Cheers 

ZI

I asked similar question some time back and that was the response  I got from ELIJAH.

Good to know you are waiting to hear from Jiangsu University. I'm equally waiting to hear from them.

"Having applied through University, the University sends your documents to CSC, your status changes, in principle you cannot be rejected  by CSC because CSC depends on these dispatching agencies for the selection process. They could reject a person if only some criminal records are found or they find potentially dangerous information about the person. These are my proposals and based on my experience before now, people don't get thrown out by CSC after embassy or school has accepted. For those applying through embassy, the school could reject them and CSC will locate another  suitable school." 

• Like 1

Hello everyone! I know that i will get the info needed at the info pack, but just to create an idea: When does the university start in China? 

Previously in this forum I have read that at the beginning students have to pay for the room and lots of other things.. Is it true? And do we get reimbursed for that?

Hi everyone, i'm gonna ask a classic question,

I applied for the CSC scolarship and the status is “in progress”.

Now I also applied with my school to another scholarship (beijing city scholarship), and I've been accepted. If I accept this scholarship and start the visa procedures, will it nullify my CSC application ?

Can I first accept the beijing scholarship and then decide to renounce to it if im selected for the csc scholarship ?

my problem is the beijing scholarship might ask me to start the procedures in the next few days, and as you all know, CSC results only come out at the end of July. So I'm afraid that if I accept the beijing scholarship i wont be able to accept the CSC one (which is a better choice for me)

57 minutes ago, Ambra said:

at the beginning students have to pay for the room and lots of other things.. Is it true? And do we get reimbursed for that?

Start dates vary by Uni but we'll say Sept 1-20th as a rough estimate. I think this money won't be reimbursed.

• Like 1

@artfullounger I had a friend who got the scholarship through the San Francisco consulate a few years ago. He didn't deal with DC at all. Since you applied through the NYC consulate, the process that @PeacellvesZhongguo described may not apply to you. The good news is that you should know one way or another by the end of July. Did you call or email the NYC consulate?

@igoeth I actually emailed the IIE (the organization that recommended me for the CSC) and my liaison told me he emailed them regarding NYC consulate results. It turns out that the consulate isn't yet done processing, so I'll probably find out in a week or two.

Hi, guys, I have a question. Im living in Russia and our post is a nightmare. University sent me documents in the middle of June, I really want to to a visa for education, but without receiving documents from university I cant, they can go for a couple of months. How can I solve this kind of problem? 

@Spigel Only your university can help you in this regard. Ask them to give you the tracking number of the package. Even most of the Chinese postal service such as EMS have tracking now a days. Most probably the low cost courier hand over the mail to the national postal service. If you are still unable to find the mail, ask your university to send you another copy through service such as DHL/Fedex/UPS/USPS or any other reliable post. Be prepare to cover the postal cost which shouldn't be more than 20-30 USD.

Another way of solving this problem is just travel to China in a tourist visa (the 'L' visa) and then apply for residence permit using some backup documents from the university. But make sure that you confirm this method with your university first.

• Like 1

• New Members

Hi friends,

Many thanks for all your information. I should wait and see then. 

I forgot to ask one question. What about the type of accommodation? I understand PhD students receive single status and Masters students receive shared rooms. More importantly, do females and males stay in the same apartment (i.e collage accommodation building) or, are there males and females college accommodation. I am a 32 year old married, female and I was wondering whether I should bring spouse. 

How do they allocate rooms. Are we allowed to demand or select?.

Experts, who had been there or residing there now, pls help.  

Kind regards 

ZI    

@ziadsuchwell, u're right some schools do give preference to PhD accommodation, but I also know of schools that give single accommodation to masters students as well...but it's all dependent on the policies of the school...And unlike Chinese students who mostly have segregated accommodations for males and females...most schools have international students in one building or dorm termed "international student apartment" mostly for monitoring purposes..however males and females don't share the same room or shared apartment..in your case u could be allocated a room for u and your spouse but it also depends if the school has policies for that...i advice u ask the SIE for clarification..however if that will not help then u can always stay off campus..i hope this helps.. also on a more general note rooms are allocated...i guess demand for the them are rare and on special cases..this also I know is school dependent..

• New Members

Hello 

I applied for CSC to do a PhD.

I called a friend studying at the university i applied for and he found my name in the list the university sent to CSC.

What i'm asking about is can CSC rejects me after the university nominated me ??  

Thanks and wish you all the best.

Hello Everyone. I applied for Master's Program in "Zhejiang University of Science and Technology". I applied for CGS and my status for ZUST in CSC website is "in progress". But ZUST uploaded a list of only 10 Candidates which are recommended for CGS. what does that means. Are all other candidates are rejected by the university? And why is my Status "In Progress" if i am rejected by the university?

Here is the link of the list : http://ies.zust.edu.cn/en/detail.asp?ID=1090&BigCategoryID=11

• Like 1